Hey everyone! I'm relatively new to this community but just wanted to share a build Dan Block put together for me. So here it is! post-262897-0-37582600-1603657360_thumb.jpgpost-262897-0-37086700-1603657391_thumb.jpgpost-262897-0-91862200-1603657404_thumb.jpgpost-262897-0-71657200-1603657421_thumb.jpg

This rifle started life as a standard Kahr 1927A1 and Dan made it into something else. Words cant even say how much of an amazing job he did. When I first contacted Dan, he told me he had a waiting list. I told him to add me to it and it would be perfect, as at the time I was deployed and I could send it off to him when I got back. Well, Dan being the great guy he is told me to have my FFL send it to him and that he wanted to get it done for me to have when I got back state side. He did just that.

Heres what I had Dan do:

-Install Green mountain barrel and pin/weld compensator to make it 16 inches

-New stock set including both horizontal and vertical grips

-GI magazine catch modification

-Bolt hold back modification (I couldnt find any 1928/21 style rocker pivots in stock so went with M1A1 style)

-SBR (hope to eventually do this) and 1921 style engravings

-Ez disassembly milling

-Howell Ez pull springs install

-Detachable stock adapter

and probably a few other things I forget off the top of my head. Dan did an amazing job and is such a great guy as all of you already know. This community is amazing and I couldn't be any happier! Now I just need a nice case for her

• Upvote 2

hes done two 27s and an m1 for me . both 27s have the same mods plus 1/2 in grip rest and quick change barrel. mine run great!!!!!!.

I had the 1/2 grip done as well! Tried to get as many original parts as possible. Sending it back to him as soon as my form 1 is approved for the SBR barrel. Cant wait. I have a bug for the M1 model now... cant find them anywhere reasonably priced at the moment

• 2 months later...
Well, I went the SBR route, and had an original Lyman installed. It came out amazing. The gun feels so much better to hold. Dan does great work. All my old parts, including the green mountain barrel, rear sight, compensator, etc are listed on eBay if anyone needs any of it. Just PM me. The barrel is pretty much brand new. Dont regret going SBR at all! Completely changes the gun. Now just waiting for my range case by Greg fox to complete it

post-262897-0-02074000-1610757484_thumb.jpeg

post-262897-0-61764400-1610757520_thumb.jpeg

How long did your Form 1 take? It's been just shy of 4 months for me. I'm frustrated as all git-out right now. I could have filed and sent it to him when the ATF was done draggin' their collective ass. On the bright side, I have saved a lot of money on ammo.

Karl

How long did your Form 1 take? It's been just shy of 4 months for me. I'm frustrated as all git-out right now. I could have filed and sent it to him when the ATF was done draggin' their collective ass. On the bright side, I have saved a lot of money on ammo.

Karl

My Eform took exactly 1 month

I will chime also. Dan has built two guns for me. A BAR Monitor and a semi auto M1 SBR (Recon Bob receiver GI parts kit) that was sent to him as a pile of parts that would not fire. A+ These forums are lucky we still have access to people with skill level. Gunsmithing seems to be a dying profession.

• 2 weeks later...