Come one-come all....Thompson fun shoot weekend

This is a fun shoot for Thompson folks but other full autos are welcome. More details will follow but this will help to get the ball rolling in your mind as to what you might want to drag out of the safe and shoot the dust out of the barrel.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me as I'm a Board member of the Tusco Rifle Club . My contact information is on the flyer that is attached.

post-258973-0-95368800-1449839337_thumb.jpg

Edited by Got Uzi

Thanks for Hosting and Posting this John!

This shoot promises to be a lot of fun. Mark your calendars.

There are a lot of details to be worked out, but as a teaser let's mention that it is a FA Thompson shoot where you can also bring anything else that is fun. Semis, Uzis, Belt feds - they will be on another range all located at the Tusco facility.

There will be opportunites to re-enter an event (at a cost - of course!), and since there will be two days of shooting you get at least two chances at each event anyway.

Food is available at the range (pretty good food, too!).

Note that this event is completely sponspored by the Tusco Rifle Club. All members of TATA, TCA, and anyone else with a Thompson or hankering to shoot one are welcome.

Loaner guns will be available.

I am looking forward to the shoot already!

Mike

Edited by giantpanda4

• 2 weeks later...

John,

Is this shoot in addition to the monthly plate shoot or instead of the monthly plate shoot.??

Are Rifle and Pistol shooters advised to stay home???

What is the difference between this shoot and the regular monthly plate shoot.??

Jim C

Edited by jim c 351

• 1 month later...

Bump to the top.

Since I now have a Dillon 1050 cranking out ammo - I am more than ready for this!

Edited by giantpanda4

• 1 month later...

Another bump - the weather is so nice today I cannot wait to go to the shoot!!

• 1 month later...

Giving this a bump as it the event is only a few weeks away. I have had people calling with questions in regards to it. Sounds like there will be a few belt fed items there to add to the fun. Remember this is open to all different kinds of machine guns not just Thompsons'.

I just spoke with John (Got Uzi) and here is an update as we are rapidly approaching the shoot.

Some key points:
-The shoot will be both days - Sat., May 14 and Sun., May 15th. Events will repeat for both days, so anyone can come shoot either or both days.
-The times will be accrued and the top times from both days will receive awards.
-It will start at 10:00. So be ready to shoot before then. New people to the club will have a waiver to sign.
-The cost will be $10 per day. Any event that a shooter wishes to re-shoot a specific event will cost an additional $5.
-Practice will be in the morning, the events will be scheduled in the afternoon (times TBD).
-Volunteers to set up steel and run events will be there, but if you shoot practice for a while, you should help set up for the same (or more!) amount of time etc. It will make the shoot faster for everyone.
-Food will be available for purchase at the range.
-No hotel blocks are set aside, but I just got the Hampton Inn in New Philadelphia for $98 a night.
-Other machine guns are welcome and will be set up on one of the ranges.
-Bring Plenty of ammo... I suggest 500-1,000 rounds and have fun!

Edited by giantpanda4

Here is the break down I have in mind for the shoot this weekend. Belt Feds and rifle caliber along with pistol/subgun plates will be up on the hill (Small Bore)

There will be more pistol/subgun steel on the 100 leaving the games/side matches on the 50.

The match events will be-Standard Course of Fire, Spray and Pray, Last Man Standing, and the Texas Star. My plan is to start the side matches at 12:00 each day with the results being combined after both days. Cost will be $10 per person per day and to re-shoot a section will be an additional $5.00 per event/stage. The rule is-you can buy back in for a total of 2 times meaning you could shoot a stage 3 times and take your best score for the count. I want to keep the games fast and fun with the SCOF being the only one that will take the most time. LMS will have a curve to it as I see having a plate rack, tree, and 2 poppers on each side having to be cleared before a winner can be called, giving a total of 18 targets with a 30 round magazine. Trigger control is your friend in this event. The only event that will not have a buy back on the same day is the SCOF due to the time it takes to run the event. If you are unhappy with your showing on Saturday, you will have the opportunity to shoot it again on Sunday.

There will be a general safety brief at 10:00 where everyone will sign Tusco waivers and as others come to shoot, they will be given the safety brief before getting to shoot on any of the ranges.

This event will go on rain or shine. We have covered firing lines in the event Mother Nature decides to bless us with liquid sunshine this weekend.

If anyone has any questions feel free to call me (330) 432-4598

UPDATE: The TUSCO Tommy Gun Shoot was a success! The weather Saturday was a tad chilly and scattered light rain entertained us a few times throughout the afternoon but the 20 plus shooters had a wonderful time shooting Tommy Guns. A big thank you to the Officers and members of the TUSCO Rifle Range and John Bosio for running a safe and fun shoot. The food at the range was top rate and reasonably priced. Sunday brought better weather and all types of machine guns magically appeared at the range, so much so the competition had not started when I left at 1:30pm. Not that I was disappointed; shooting a Vickers, BAR, AK-47, suppressed SW76, Grease gun, etc. made for a great Sunday! Just watching the Vickers and 1919 belt feds sniping steel targets at 100 yards was a show in itself. We need to encourage John to have this shoot again next year.

Second what TD just said. My wife and I had a great time. Thanks so much to all of the Tusco club folks who helped put this event on.

Not only did we have a great Thompson shoot - but when the belt fed guys showed up Sunday that was even more fun. Yes, it was!

Thanks again John - great time!

Thank you all for coming out and braving the weather. I ordered sunny and 70 but as you all saw this was not the case. The weekend was a success in my eyes as everyone seemed to have had fun, no drama or issues came up, and everything seemed to go off without a hitch (other than the weather)

I won't go into the details of the fun matches for fear of being shot, or that TD was beaten by a "clunky old Grease Gun" in a grudge match LOL As TD mentioned, Sunday was a nice day, little chilly but bearable, and it brought out some cool items to upper range where I had it set up with rifle caliber steel. No one shoot on the lower ranges Sunday as the party seemed to be up top.

From the sounds of it, everyone would like to see this event again next year, so I will see about making that happen. Between the targets in the games and the free shooting areas there were close to 300 targets (I know that there were 190 plates on the rifle range alone....I know because they started to get heavy after awhile LOL)

If anyone has pictures of video, by all means post them on here and send them to me so I can include them in the club newsletter.

Again to all, thank you for coming.