Wh 28 With A 21 Barrel

Yep, that's the one I was looking at. They're claiming it to be an original one-owner gun test fired only, low 3 digit (they wouldn't tell me) serial number, test fired only.

Asking $18,900.00

Anyone know how to authenticate this?

Advice: Don't buy from that guy. He is a known price gouger. That gun is not worth 18.9K.

There, in truth is no way to determine if that gun has just been test fired or not.

You buy the gun, not the story. The story isn't worth 4-5K extra.

Chris.

I had no intensions of paying that price. I do like the barrel configuration, but I've never heard of one assembled as new that way.

Gouging or not, if prices keep going up, he'll be in the ballpark about May of 2007.

Uncle Dudley

UncleDudley-

There are many other WH Thompsons out there... the going rate for a 1928 is around 14K give or take 1K either way. You would be better off buying a model with a comp and changing it out to get the look you want. Then you would have plenty of cash left over for accessories, mags, ammo, etc.

Just my 0.02-

Chris.

QUOTE (DC Chris @ Mar 6 2006, 07:20 PM)
http://www.autoweapons.com/photos05/sep/1155thomp.html

I know some pictures don't give all the details, but in the first picture, the fins look to be the thicker version and with the flat ends.

Sure it has the 21 style front sight, but there are some cleaver machinist that could probably place a 21 sight on a any barrel.