Short Barrels

where do/can i find one at?

at first i was'nt going to mess with it, but here alate the urge to do so has been growing.

having read that the orginal '27's were shorties, justifies me to do it.

and yes i know, i can't even have a short barrel in the house WITHOUT the permit first.

Both Kahr Arms and Numrich (Gun Parts Corp) sell the new stock finned bbls. I believe Gun Parts are cheapest. I got one from them; about $100. Some, like PK, can (I think) even take a smooth M1 bbl and fin it for you to spec close to the original Colt fins. Just a thought. Dour R may also have original surplus bbls that have been cut with fins. See the FAQ for the contact info. Also, I don't think there is any crime in having the bbl before the stamp. Just don't put it on! No prohibition against buying one. Numrich will gladly take your credit card!

http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrP...ductSKU=516390A

http://www.auto-ordnance.com/ao_tsb.html

IMA has original complete 28 barrels with IV type Cutts comp., milled grip mount and horizontal grip for $300. I got one from them, a Savage, and it apperars to be unfired, absolutely beautiful. Well worth the money when you consider these others are M1 barrels that are having fins cut to look like originals, cost almost as much and don't come with all the extras. Just my .02

QUOTE (SecondAmend @ Oct 26 2003, 09:47 AM)
Make sure your state and local government will allow you to have a SBR.  Here in Michigan, regular civilian ownership of SBRs is prohibited.

that must be rough. here in PA just about anything goes....

what about this.

will a new '27 comp(as in the one i have now) and front sight fit one of those barrels, or are things diffent sizes?

are the comps the same? or close to looking the same?

The comps on the new Kahr 27a’s are not threaded; they just slip on and are retained by the cross pin. They will not work on regular SMG threaded barrels.

Outwardly, they look like regular comps.

PK just did some work on my 27 semi auto SBR that I had installed a Kahr short bbl prior to sending to PK - he found that the Bbl has a "tight place" in the bore. Shoots ok, but could be better. I would avoid purchasing a Kahr Bbl if I were to do it over again.

I purchased my 10.5" bbl from Numrich Arms, I think I paid in the area of 110 for it. It is as rough as a cactus on the outside and had some rust inside the bbl as well as out.

It's with PK now for the installation.