Looking to borrow Richardsons barrel remover

I included this post on the old message board and was not sure if everyone saw it being many users are now on the new board. (So, sorry if this is a duplicate post.)

As many people know, Richardson is hard to get a hold of and even when he is, the barrel removal tool is always out of stock.

As a result, I am wondering if anyone would be kind enough to lend me theirs. I will pay for shipping both ways and a fee for the use if you so desire.

I can provide my cell phone number if need be to discuss futher.

Basically, I had to use lock-tite to keep my barrel on a while back and now that I want to change it out, it is near

impoosble for me to loosen.

I will also be happy with suggestions on how to loosen the locktite.

And heating the receiver nose could result in damage to the finish. Plus the bbl can be damaged trying to remove it without the proper tooling (truct me I know;-) Jim, I'd follow PK's advice and ship the receiver direct to him UPS. You'll be glad you did!

Lionhart,

PIPEWRENCH! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

How about vise-grips! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I wrapped the receiver in cloth and wedged it between (2) 2x4s.

My wife had a 3 foot piece of wood with an oval hole about 2/3 of the way down cut to fit around the compensator.

I held the receiver between the 2x4s and she used the long piece of wood to get some torque. After some brute force (on her part) it came loose.

The barrel is now off (YEAH!!!!!!!!!!) and currently soaking in Hoppes for a night or two.

Thanks again for everyone’s help and stay tuned for more posts from me regarding accuracy issues.

QUOTE (BNZ43 @ Jul 14 2003, 03:21 PM)
I have a barrel wrench for the TSMG that I can let you borrow if needed. I sent you a long email with some information on the barreling of the TSMG. Hope the advice helps.

If your Chris, I got your e-mail and thanks for the offer, and as you know by know the problem is currently solved. Hopefully the information will help another person.