27 replies to this topic

#21 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3757 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:35 AM

I have seen all of them on the big screen including all of the early Bond movies. and you can not forget the Alamo 1960 Wild Bunch 1969 Sand Pebbles 1966  and Nevada Smith.  All great Music. and remakes will never replace those classics in sound music or story.Colt21aRon

YES it was a good time 

Lazlo Music in Bullitt  over the top great.

#22 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3573 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 06:04 PM

Millennials figured it was Beyoncé's new tune in Modelo Beer TV Commercial. Well, Beyoncé does like spaghetti.

https://www.ispot.tv...ennio-morricone

#23 Adg105200

Adg105200

• Board Donor
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:Ww2, Thompsons & many other guns, hunting, fishing, tools, woodworking

Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:17 AM

I always liked the song from For a Few Dollars More: https://youtu.be/DT1NJwEi6nw

It's not quite as good as the original from I believe - Hugo Montenegro, but still good. The music from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly was always my favorite and more well known (and used as you can see in the beer commercial).

Andrew

#24 Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Travel, sun worshiper, margaritas, hot chicks, painting, scuba diving, movies, collecting movie memorabilia and autographs, guns, hot chicks, micro-beers, hot chicks, and did I say hot chicks?

Posted 17 September 2018 - 05:57 PM

I always liked the song from For a Few Dollars More: https://youtu.be/DT1NJwEi6nw

It's not quite as good as the original from I believe - Hugo Montenegro, but still good. The music from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly was always my favorite and more well known (and used as you can see in the beer commercial).

Andrew

Andrew, the Hugo Montenegro version of "The Good Bad & Ugly" was nothing more than a cheap "cover version" of the original score by Ennio Moricone who did all the scores from the 3 Clint Eastwood Leone films. To me It sounds like an "elevator music" version of the more robust and powerful original version by Moricone. Moricone's original recordings were not released to American radio stations at the time and Montenegro capitalized on something he was no part of in creating. I cringe every time I hear his weak version on the radio, as it's the only one ever played....too bad most people can't hear the original version.

MH 

#25 Adg105200

Adg105200

• Board Donor
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:Ww2, Thompsons & many other guns, hunting, fishing, tools, woodworking

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:58 AM

Andrew

Andrew, the Hugo Montenegro version of "The Good Bad & Ugly" was nothing more than a cheap "cover version" of the original score by Ennio Moricone who did all the scores from the 3 Clint Eastwood Leone films. To me It sounds like an "elevator music" version of the more robust and powerful original version by Moricone. Moricone's original recordings were not released to American radio stations at the time and Montenegro capitalized on something he was no part of in creating. I cringe every time I hear his weak version on the radio, as it's the only one ever played....too bad most people can't hear the original version.
MH 

I learn something new every day, thanks for the info. It has been a long time since I've seen the film to be able to pick that out.

Andrew

#26 inspector71

inspector71

• Regular Group
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:52 PM

Yea I think you could call me a big fan . Anybody have an opinion on this. The one scene in "Dirty Harry " , the rooftop scene  where they set a trap for Scorpio and Dirty Harry shoots at him with the 458 win. I feel it  is the only scene in the movie that could have been made better if instead of the 458, Harry was using a 1918 BAR. Think about it. Would like your opinions if any.

Edited by inspector71, 22 September 2018 - 02:54 PM.

#27 dalbert

dalbert

Website Owner

• Admin
  • 4571 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 06:11 PM

I think the .458 just added to the theme of using the most powerful firearms in the world at that time...

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

#28 Merry Ploughboy

Merry Ploughboy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 994 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:39 AM

Not everybody's a Clint Eastwood fan.  See, for example, 0:25 - 0:35

https://www.youtube....h?v=wEByIZn5qeU