Need help on Identifying 21 actuator

Need the folks to chime in here on what this is.

Murray Willis and I were rummaging in boxes at the SAR Show in PHX in 2012, looking for Luger stuff, and Murray tossed this to me and I think I paid 100 bucks for it. Didn't think much further about it and tossed in in my box of parts

It was used as in the photos. I know Doug Richardson made some excellent Repros. It has no identifying marks on it.

Any ideas? My guess is it's a repro of some sort.

Thanks all.

IMG_20160124_192646184.jpg

IMG_20160124_192032620.jpg

IMG_20160124_192100249.jpg

IMG_20160124_192249347.jpg

Richardson's has the notch for the firing pin rocker in the front and this one does not have it.

My guess is that it is an original second version 1921 acutator.

The first version has the notch mentioned but was that eliminated on the second version when the flat lower surface was changed to an arched one (for clearance for the hammer).

Paul

A close up of the knob is needed.

Is it checkered or knurled?

What is the band width?

-Darryl

Richardson's has the notch for the firing pin rocker in the front and this one does not have it.

Mike, I've had a couple of Doug's 21 actuators and they didn't have the hammer notch. They were marked "R" on the right side though.

Bob D

My guess is that it is an original second version 1921 acutator.

The first version has the notch mentioned but was that eliminated on the second version when the flat lower surface was changed to an arched one (for clearance for the hammer).

Paul

That knob looks really good in the later pics. Is it known when Colt went to the no-notch version? I've only seen one of the notched type. The Richardson actuators I've handled did not have the long pocket for the buffer spring either. Off to the parts locker some 21 actuator study.

Bug you are correct - I think they were made either way now. Here is what he has on his website.

http://www.thompsonsmg.com/colt_thompson_guns__colt_parts.htm

The barrel with sling (different post) is also shown there...