50 Round Drums from Sarco On Sale

Sarco is hit or miss on condition. I prefer paying up on Gunbroker. Depends on your priority. I am a collector. I bought this one some time ago on Gunbroker for a decent price.

Eric

4.JPG

3.JPG

2.JPG

1.JPG

Eric,

You have a very nice NIB WWII Bridgeport drum there. I certainly love and prefer them to modern repros, but if you just want a drum to shoot with at minimal cost, its hrad to go wrong with the brand new repro drums from Taiwan.

Most WWII drums cost $400-600 each, while you can get two of the repros for that and plenty left over for several boxes of cartridges to put through them.

Sarcos Surplus parts can certainly be hit or miss, but these drums are NIB and work.

Whether collector or shooter, we all have something to enjoy.

I have a bunch of these (like 10) and they "free float" when i crank them and they feel like shit. I probably got them when i purchased some guns but they seem like junk? Are these repro or West Hurley or junk or what? I do have a few or more of the ones that have the "U" on them and they feel like quality.

Thanks

Eric

1.JPG

2.JPG

The L drum on the right with the solid center shaft is an AOC West Hurley product. While I would not pay much for one, I have seen a number of these WH L drums that do work.

WaffenMeister now has them for $179 OR 2 for $298. Good, fast service there.

Bob D

Wow. Even better, unless you only want one drum.

Eric,

West Hurley drums are notoriously poor quality. They all have bad springs. As Tom indicated, some sorta run, but for a couple decades they were the only game in town for relatively inexpensive shooters.

The other drum you show is a Kahr drum. Newer version, a lot of the same problems. Some of the hollow rotor Kahr drums have worked OK, but I wouldnt recommend them.

Yes, both of these drums have quality issues compared with WWII drums. The new repros from Taiwan are closer to the latter and have proven to be very reliable.

Eric,

West Hurley drums are notoriously poor quality. They all have bad springs. As Tom indicated, some sorta run, but for a couple decades they were the only game in town for relatively inexpensive shooters.

The other drum you show is a Kahr drum. Newer version, a lot of the same problems. Some of the hollow rotor Kahr drums have worked OK, but I wouldnt recommend them.

Yes, both of these drums have quality issues compared with WWII drums. The new repros from Taiwan are closer to the latter and have proven to be very reliable.

I agree with you. I don't think I tried them, but they feel like junk. I will probably auction them off and donate the money to charity. I got them for free with the guns I bought. The Thompson cases, that came with the guns, were full of mags and drums.

Thanks for the feedback.

Eric

When I bought a Kahr 27A1 in 2012, it came with an L drum that I had to pinch the rails (in the vertical direction) before the drum would slide on and off. The cover also has to be pushed down pretty hard to get the winding key on. Other than that, the drum works in semi and full in my '21. When I bought the '21 in 2015, it came with a '89-'94 vintage WH L drum which has worked without a hiccup. The dealer who sold me the '21 said he had a case of the WH drums and all of them worked. I guess he got a batch of good ones.

MHO, YMMV, etc.