***POST APPROVED BY DAVID ALBERT***

Hey Guys,

I'm selling one of my Thompson's to finance another machine gun. Anyway, Sandman1957 here on the boards helped me get into thompsons and advised me on buying this one. He shot it and can verify its immaculate condition. Its a beauty reblued and rebarreled by Reconbob late last year.

This m1 thompson made by Urich has faux but proper US property and Bridgport Auto Ordnance roll marks. Its a really magnificent shooter and of much higher quality than any West Hurley receiver. I have a lot to come along with this which includes:

-1 slling
-10 30 rounds mags
-5 20 round mags with a 5 cell pouch
-1 brass cleaning rod
-1 spare barrel
-3 complete m1 bolts
-1 complete m1a1 bolt
-1 velvet lined mahogany presentation case (pictured)
-1 30 round magazine stick stand (pictured)
-1 converted 50 round L drum which works
-1 spare butt stock
-lower is an actual bridgeport

$21,000 on form 4 in Florida. Willing to negotiate.
Please call or text 410-693-3036 or The.Colt.Collector@gmail.com

Edit- Ill go $19k for just the gun if someone doesnt want the extras

Sorry about the pics as it is literally COVERED in gun oil.

post-260097-0-08027600-1527303815_thumb.jpg

post-260097-0-98687200-1527303828_thumb.jpg

post-260097-0-80093800-1527303843_thumb.jpg

post-260097-0-78087900-1527303938_thumb.jpg

post-260097-0-27375000-1527303956_thumb.jpg

post-260097-0-60151500-1527303969_thumb.jpg Edited by DukeNukem

This gun is a great shooter. We did some pretty extensive run downs on Urich guns a few years ago. They are solid guns. If you have been looking for a great shooter this is the one. I would have already bought it had it not been for the COLT 1921AC and Rockola M2. I am in the poor house for awhile.

This one won't last long. Thanks for DUKENUKEM for giving forum members a chance to get this before going to another venue like Gunbroker.

The gun is currently located in Florida. It is not a C&R, but you should be able to petition to have it put in. Others have sucessfully done so.

Anyway, this is a gun you can buy with confidence.

Good luck!

Sandman1957

Edited by Sandman1957

Are you sure it is not a C&R? I thought a few years back ALL Thompsons; Westies, Pearl, Urich, and others, were reclassified to C&R status. Smarter people here may know... BT3guns?

Are you sure it is not a C&R? I thought a few years back ALL Thompsons; Westies, Pearl, Urich, and others, were reclassified to C&R status. Smarter people here may know... BT3guns?

A few years ago they added all 1928 Thompsons made in West Hurley.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/guide/curios-or-relics-list-update-january-2008-through-june-2014pdf/download

I recall reading somewhere that they later added M1s made in West Hurley, but I do not see that on the ATF website.

im always blunt...to me its in the west hurley category......it may be better quality, but to most its an unknown maker....whatever a WH is worth i think your gun is worth....not trying to be rude...i think your price is a good starting point with all the extra's and your close enough into the correct price range for offers to come if $21k is too much

a forum member got a real M1 for $22k 5-6 months ago...nice/no pitting.....Ruben is selling real m1's for $27,000....most are around $25k and are sitting..

i would find some info about the maker and his guns and post it..educate people about why its at least as good as a WH or better.

my opinion on extras? i think you should sell just the gun....sell the extras on their own...you can lower the price of the gun...some people dont consider the extra's in the over all price...they just see a $21k thompson, not the $1k-2k in extras with it.......lowest price sells quicker

Not sure about Pearl and Ulrich. Heres from the 2014 update to C&R list.

E88BF8F3-86EB-45B3-B094-087799445795.png

Ron

Second Huggy - my thoughts exactly. Id want to know how the receiver actually compares to the auto ordinance m1 if it actually is above a WH. Maybe Bob can chime in if hes worked on a few.

Most importantly it’s not made of leaded steel like the west Hurley’s. Urich, and Sandman1957 verified this over the phone with him personally before I bought it, milled it out of a proper piece of hardened steel that Phila ordnance uses today

need to gather some specs or a review somewhere of it....prove its better than a WH....then convince someone of that...

to buy a rare makers gun is a scary thing

kinda odd he made them with so many thompsons available and their value only being around $1500 back in 1986

why put the effort into it when a real thompson doesnt cost that much ?

Urich made solid guns. He used both Doug Richardson and Phila Ord 80 per cent recievers. Beau give me a ring and I'll find his contact info. Once you talk with him, he can look your gun up in his book, and may be able to verify what receiver he used. Everything else is US GI. except for the rear sight. He used an aftermarket sight with screws so you could see his manufacturing info. There was a very long thread on a similiar gun SN 817 several years ago. That makes a good read for those who missed it. This gun is a few SNs off 817.

Urich is also a board member, not sure how often he frequents the site. I would also send a letter to the NFA Branch requesting this specific SN go into the C&R list. At least get that started for the new owner.

I have fired this gun and examined it. Buy with confidence.

Sandman1957

• 2 weeks later...