My Father gave me these from Vietnam

He is getting older so he is giving me his stuff. Too much to mention but here is a few. He was presented these in 1966, on one of his tours of duty. Chicom 53, NVA flag and NVA pajamas that look new. No tags or dates on them. I'm always curious.

Eric

Forgot to mention, he left the AK there but we have many pictures of him with it. He was told not to bring it home since it was full auto.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Edited by Normal1959
  • Upvote 1

Thanks guys. Here is his exact reply to me. I don't know too much about these things.

Eric

"I was a senior battalion advisor of the 2nd ARVN Bn 1st ARVN Regt. After 4 months I got promoted to Major and became the senior regimental advisor. I was not with a US unit my first tour. We were the northernmost Vietnamese units in Vietnam."

Edited by Normal1959
  • Upvote 1

Probably the best made Viet Minh flag I've ever seen. Most are reallly crude.

The cool thing is guaranteed original based on the provenance. Too many fakes and reproductions out there. I will die with it.

My Father has been thru hell in his life and it's amazing he is still alive. He is 87 and still plays tennis. Thin as a rail and in great shape.

Eric

Yes TY great guy. His Father was killed in WW2 and to this day if i try to ask any questions or bring it up he starts to cry. He just can't talk about it. I do have a 1911 from 1918 that has been passed down in the family. It has a WW2 hammer that i am changing to the correct one. My Grandfather, Father, Uncle, Brother and great Uncle are all West Pointers.

Eric

• Upvote 1

Normal1959,

Thank you for your family's service, and thank you for posting these photos.

I have been thinking about making a post about some items from my father's service in Vietnam. I found a Stars and Stripes newspaper map of the conflict area the other day that he had saved. I have many photos, but most are of the Convalescent Center where he worked as a doctor on the beach at Cam Ranh Bay, treating soldiers with minor wounds who would eventually return to combat.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Normal1959,

Thank you for your family's service, and thank you for posting these photos.

I have been thinking about making a post about some items from my father's service in Vietnam. I found a Stars and Stripes newspaper map of the conflict area the other day that he had saved. I have many photos, but most are of the Convalescent Center where he worked as a doctor on the beach at Cam Ranh Bay, treating soldiers with minor wounds who would eventually return to combat.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Thank you!

God bless our veterans. Many of the kids nowadays have no idea what the hell they went, and go through. I study and collect history so I have an idea but have never been there.

Aside from fighting and dying, they are at the very least, away from loved ones.

I think a forum to honor any of them is a great idea. I would visit new posts every day.

Eric

Just found out. That picture of my Grandfather was 1928. He was class of 1928. He was killed in WW2. I thought it was more recent. My great Uncle was class of 1924. He's the one who gave my Father the 1911 pistol that dates to 1918. My Father was class of 1955.

My bother was class of 1980 and i think that was the first class that allowed Women. My Uncle was class of 1959. He graduated 2nd to the last in his class. He enjoys that distinction and says at least he wasn't last.

Eric

Edited by Normal1959

Hey Eric!

My Dad is a grad too from ‘59... did three tours in Vietnam.

What is your Uncle’s name? Dad was in Company F-1 (Fun One!)

Small World and 3 degrees of separation and all that...

John

Hey Eric!

My Dad is a grad too from ‘59... did three tours in Vietnam.

What is your Uncle’s name? Dad was in Company F-1 (Fun One!)

Small World and 3 degrees of separation and all that...

John

Hi John

My Uncle is Winston Schepps and lives in Birmingham Alabama. They call him Winnie.

It is a small world. Tell your Father thanks very much for his service. 3 tours is way above and beyond the call of duty. My Father did 2 tours and wasn't going back to a hole in the ground, so he switched to MI and got a job in Saigon the 2nd. tour.

Eric

Edited by Normal1959