Sbr Form Question

First : this forum is great! Every time I have a question and am going to post a question, someone else asks and my question is answered.

Second : I finally received the forms to register a SBR and have them almost filled out. Today I got my CLEO sign off, but I had the Sheriff fill out the line above his signature for the maker. I misunderstood the statement, but realized my mistake after he filled out the line. Would it be a problem to cross out his name and write my name in next to it, or do I need to fill out my other set of forms ( I got two sets from the ATF ). Next week I will get my fingerprints taken and hope to get the forms sent off. Thanks

Scott

Cross his name out and you will get them back - if its no problem to get him to sign again I would do the form in the correct manner. I have gotten forms back for lesser reasons than this. I didnt get mine back for around 2 months which just adds time to the transfer... and you start all over again. After I got the second set into ATF they couldn't find any record of the $200.00 check and I had to get a copy from the bank and send to them to prove I made the payment. All said and done, its a good way to waste 8 or 9 months.

Ron,

Exactly! The smallest irregularity will give ATF a hiccup and you will get your forms back, minus the stamp, so you can start the process from the beginning. If you send in all the correct forms filled out properly, the wait for the stamp is maybe 10 weeks. But if you send in forms rife with errors, you are asking for rejection that will prolong your application another month.

Last June, I failed to fill out the new citizenship certification form as I didn't know that it existed. After three months, the BATF sent me an "error letter" and the form, to be returned within 30 days or my form 4 would be denied. Heaven forbid that this error be identified 90 days ago when my transfer package first arrived!

Forgive, guys, just blowing off a little steam. . .

Thanks for the info guys! I went ahead and filled out the other set of form 1's I had. I will get the Sheriff to sign off on these next week when I have my fingerprints taken. I have made sure I have two copies of the citizenship form filled out to be sent in with the forms. I have been fretting over making sure everything is in order and correct. I do not want to have these forms sent back because of errors. By the way, it took me three tries to get the forms sent. I guess the third time was the charm. They did include two copies of the citizenship forms even though I did not ask for them. I can say this, the two ladies I talked to over the phone about the forms were very helpful and easy to talk to.

TSMGguy and Ron A, sorry to hear about your problems. Vent away! Now, all I have to do is wait for next week, and then several months after that.

Scott

I made 2 mistakes,

1, I used a set from the unofficial Tommy gun site that are now obsolete.

2, When I filled out the citizenship form I didn't fill in the top line with my name, just the second line for the name.

The first mistake I corrected when a new set of forms arrived, but still had to have the chief of police sign off again.

The second though caused the approved form to be sent back. It slowed the process by about 2 weeks.

Hopefully, I will learn from these mistakes. The form 1's and the citizenship forms all came from the BATF several weeks ago. I did not want to take any chances of having old, out of date forms off the internet. I did get several copies of the citizenship form off the web, and I made sure they were the same ones sent to me. I have had to redo those, because I caught a mistake after filling them out.

Scott

ok, I am getting ready to begin the same long road and I have the Form 1 in hand but what is this citizenship or whatever form?? what more do I need besides Form 1?

Bigred, my suggestion to you would be to call this phone number for the ATF Distribution Center (703-455-7801). After two unsucessful tries at obtaining the proper forms, I called this number, before the labor day weekend, and received them the following tuesday. They are very helpful, and the form get to you ASAP. Ask for all the forms needed for a Form 1 registration, and ask for several copies of each in case you goof up like I did. You can down load most of the forms, but you will need the BATF to send the FBI fingerprint forms. The Form 1s from the BATF come with an attached duplicate copy and instructions. You will need duplicate Form 1s, fingerprint cards, and citizenship forms to send back in. Like I said before, be on the safe side and order extras. I glad I did because, I ended up using them because of silly mistakes.

Scott