Where To Get Mags Etc...

Hey Guys,

I need to know where to get mags and pouches and ammo and stuff for my Thompson! I also am in need of a sling for my Kahr M1. I ordered some mags from a company named Forrest out of shotgun news. Any experience with these guys?

Capt Sage

If it's Tom Forrest, I had good luck with them years ago. Fast service, well packed, fair prices. Try these other places: whatacountry.com Also "Cheaper Than Dirt". Don't forget sarcoinc.com. I'm sure I left some out, but those folks come to mind. International Military Antiques has mag pouches, and you'll find lots of things on our very own Auctions here. I'm sure the fellows here can cue you on possible surplus mag feeding problems. I have no experience with that. Good luck!

I've had good success with What A Country, the XX mags were a little on the rough side, but the XXX mags. were nice.

To remove the grease in them I placed all of the magazines upside down in a disposable bread pan, and heated them in the oven for a few minutes. Then I simply wiped them down, this still leaves a thin coating of grease inside the magazines to protect them from rust.

http://www.whatacountry.com/

Used XX $18.95 ea.

Used XXX $10.95 ea.

Like New XXX $13.95 ea.

They also have pouch sets for XXX.

6 - XXX and 1 pouch, $79.99

I still have some mint unissued, although, unmarked, WWII 5 cell XX mag pouches left with the original belts. These came out of Russia, not sure if the posts have carried over from the old board, although, I would imagine that it is still possible to browse through the old posts. Would need to get $125 apiece for, 1928A1 oilers $15, 1928A1 early brass rods $20, some sort of Russian take-down tool $15. All are mint unissued. Still working on getting the rest of the crates and 20 round magazines in though.

I enjoy getting my mags at gunshows. You get to pick the best ones.

I've looked very carefully at the pouches, none of the ones I have left are marked. The 28's are in England, being welded up as DEACs. Looks like they are all being destroyed in one way or another. A shame really, but what can you do about it? If only they had been found in the 50's and 60's and then brought into America then as complete guns....oh well. Still working on permits for the parts kits...

Hey Sgt,

What Gun Shows??!!!

Geez, I'm getting a little tired of living in New York!!

Zamm

Billie32, When you get a "permit" for the 28 parts kits, e mail me. I will take one. Please don't let them take the compensators off or it will fug up the bbl threads on the end.

Thanks

John Jr

Jim-- As for the beat up mags, yea, you do have to get lucky for the best. I still enjoy the hunt.

Zamm-- Sounds like you could use a good visit to our Tn mountains-- guns everywhere! Wished there were more military displays though.