Recommended Lubrication For A 1928

What is the recommended lubrication for a 1928? My West Hurley runs fine if the feed ramp is well greased, (I use gunslick). It will jam quite reliably if I omit this procedure. For the internals, I just wipe them down with a good oil.

Thanks,

CAN-O-WORMS ALERT!!! You'll get lots of opinions here.

Chip, welcome!

I use Clenzoil--liberally. Haven't had a lick of trouble out of my Westy 1928. Nice thin all purpose cleaner and lubricant. I also use Sheath spray for the comp and as an overall pre-shoot gleaner....

Clenzoil! And I also use Rem-Oil spray as the over all sittin' in the safe spray. I also took some cosmoline grease and rub the inside of my M1 down real good. I used it on my WH '28 and it worked just fine also. The only set back, it's messy as cow snot. But the Clenzoil is my favorite stuff.

Get the feed ramp on the Westy polished and you will have better results. Westy's were know for bad ramps. And cheap parts. Check your inerds(sp?) and make sure they are military grade stuff. Look for other posts about that.

Oh yeah, Welcome to the board. If you haven't been reading for a while, you gots some catchin' up to do.

I've been using Break Free Greased Lightning. It's suposed to be for "rapid fire automatic and stainless firearms". It seems to be a little thicker and appears to stick to the firearm longer than some of the lighter oils.

I would also polish the feed ramp - 600 grit works well. My WH is very reliable now.

Thanks for the info, I'll try to polish the feed ramp. I have always been a bit reluctant to use anything other than oil (Breakfree usually) in the guts, especially on the blish lock. Most of the interal parts are savage except the blish lock which is marked AO. The WH doesn't have the internal oiler pads which the colts seemed to have. Is it an option for a WH?