Wtk: What Do You Treat The Fbi Cases With?

What do you use on the exterior of an FBI case as a preservative? Also, do you touch up the leather corner pieces with black shoe polish or leave them alone?

THANKS

Carey

you treat them kindly..........for the original's i used a vinyl leather soap.and on the end cap's if leather yes i touched them up with leather dye,and on the metal one's would shed any rust..................

but that me,i had alot of beater's{f.b.i.police and chicago,indiana, that i had redone,and a few just sold as is.................

now only one left............and a replica.................

its fun to have more then one............you get older........and one will do....wink!!!

take care of what you have for future generation's...

RoN

also remember to never store the gun in the case for long periods of time unless wrapped up.the case interiors and there are many cloth and material one's and felt.will draw out those oil's.from the gun,and wood........also check for nail's and staples in the cases,many a gun has been badly marked that way.

and if you have that leather insert and some do for the 21ac model in the case that the comp sits on...........if not{nevermind}that will patina a comp real quick.....if the leather is moist then dry's up................

just a few trick's......mine is stored with the wood wrapped up off of the gun............and the metal oiled and stored.............never lying in the case stored away.........

many a thompson i looked at in a basement or closet........then they opened it up after years,and said i did not see that patina or mark five years ago..........

yes i guess it is easier to keep one or two around and not worry about them....wink!!!

also lather up the handle and keep it supple otherwise it will look like a dry up banana in about five year's........flaking leather i am sure there is no cure,and crack's you have to live with.............

and take the rust off those nameplate maker mark's..it only gets worse with age...............

and i have seen my share of bad one's....................take care ron