So How Much Did The #114 Sell For?

JCD stricks it rich again. Like old Don from Don's Guns says, "I don't wanna make any money folks, I just love to sale guns." He forgot, " and break it off in your ass"

"There's a sucker at every one of my auctions"

http://www.jcdevine.com/images/Joe%20Only_sm.jpg

Soon all Colt TSMG'S will retail for $50,000+; buy them now and sell at $100,000 in ten years, if they are not then outlawed. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cool.gif

Regards, Walter

P.S. It seems Pennywise, the clown (It), has struck again!!!:-(

QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ May 16 2005, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (bug @ May 16 2005, 09:23 PM)
$39,500 + 10% buyer premium.

Bob D

I believe it is actually 15% no?

Correct!

Thats $45,400 for the poor buyer and the seller gets just over $31,500.

Even if I wanted a colt I don't think I would let myself get raped like that.

Could the owner of #114 have realized the entire $45,400 for himself if he sold it privately? I believe he could have, but he would have looked forward to many flakes, emails, appointments, etc. Was it worth it to him to give up $11,825 in commissions for the privilege of washing his hands of the entire deal process? If someone is willing to leave money on the table, that is their conscious decision. As this thread is testament to, their are those who will be more than happy to take advantage of the situation.

give up $11,825

Even given the age base of the majority of colt Thompson owners, it would behoove them to learn to use a digital camera, become familiar with the internet and message boards and at least TRY to sell it themselves. There is no way the owner of COLT 114 should have gotten less than 32K for his prized weapon. He could have gotten at least 38 or 39 out of it on sturm, subguns, or perhaps even here.

To employ this disdainful, presumptious asshat J.C. Devine is nothing short of ludicrous. He is NOT THE ONLY WAY TO SELL RARE THOMPSONS! In fact, he should be the most least desirable way to do so.

But, I guess since colt Thompsons are selling now for 45K, my Savage must be worth at least 35K.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

I would imagine it is the geriatric crowd, along with the prepubescent nerds, that gravitated to computer literacy long ago. These decrepit octogenarians seem to already populate the gun boards with great frequency as well. Just look at all those dealers with 40 years experience in NFA commerce that inspire the wet behind the ears lads with their old school ways.

That leaves the digital camera. A superfluous invention since an old fashioned camera can have the film transfered to a CD and then inserted into hard drive.

But even though some Colt TSMG's have commanded over $40K, Savage 1928's seem to have plateaued at $25K. Maybe Devine could swindle some unsuspecting bidder out of $26K.

Not if you consider the $85K for the Earl inspired Midas Colt TSMG and the supposed $100K for serial number 167 that was touted as the "#1 Most Perfect Colt TSMG In The U.S." .....

Phil,

I do not mean to imply that any TSMG has reached a ceiling on their prices. However, the $25K figure for the 1928 WWII TSMG seems to be the high water mark for the last year.

[i sure wish the government would ban the manufacture of new meat grinders for private use, having close to 200. ...and antique shoe horns]

Ya but Phil....Thompsons are so much more fun to play with than a box of grinders and shoe horns!... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

i must go to san fran and jump off the bridge...

$45,000 for #114..............i bet they will now ask 75,000.00 each for 98,99, and 103,oh and 274, i pocketed a mere $30,000 for that bunch....

number's fredo it's all in the number's!!!!just when i think i'm out.they pull me back in...wink!!

i will ask 1.2 mill for my last one...and get that trailer in malibu....and feed the seagull's...

take care,ron

nope,i'm just a figment of arthur's imagination.

and the person he alway's wanted to be....the yoda of thompson's...wink!! or what maybe a carnie named yo-yo??i forget!

i have risen above the petty fighting,the intolerable nuisance of mere thompson bohemian bush/wa!

and now am on a plain of truth.........livin in van down by the river.............

eatin a bag of sniker doodle's..drinkin hamm's..........

oh! back to the question.fur real???

just like everybody else here...tho some may beg to differ!

do i care????it's a message board.that's all it is and all it will ever be....more important thing's in what you have left in life.

follow the force,and never lose the magic...

once you do,you end up devine............

take care,karnak

QUOTE (colt21a @ May 19 2005, 07:57 PM)

i will ask 1.2 mill for my last one...and get that trailer in malibu....and feed the seagull's...

take care,ron

bawahahaha.... malibu?? i take it you're only lookin for a single wide.....

QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ May 20 2005, 11:05 AM)
QUOTE (colt21a @ May 19 2005, 07:57 PM)

take care,ron

bawahahaha.... malibu?? i take it you're only lookin for a single wide.....

i thought more along the line's of a 55 gal.drum.along with shower stall.and a bucket for a krapper..wonk!

we all can't have everything.........just a little of GOD'S green earth!!

take care,ron

and the person he alway's wanted to be....the yoda of thompson's...wink!! or what maybe a carnie named yo-yo??i forget!
Ron

Are you still piqued that I once referred to you as "the sometimes recondite Ron" in a post on Sturmgewehr? I'd thought I had bowed to your renowned legacy as a prodigious dealer in TSMG's. However, I do think you need to publish a glossary of your lexicon as Tony Burgess did with "Clockwork Orange." Then we would be assured to ascertain even the most subtlest of nuance in your March of Time posts.

But what I said in the Sturm board post still holds true. With all due respect to your grayer head, one needn't engage in NFA commerce to appreciate the minutia of the merchandise, or "moich" to you.

QUOTE (Arthur Fliegenheimer @ May 21 2005, 01:24 AM)
Ron

Are you still piqued that I once referred to you as "the sometimes recondite Ron" in a post on Sturmgewehr? I'd thought I had bowed to your renowned legacy as a prodigious dealer in TSMG's. However, I do think you need to publish a glossary of your lexicon as Tony Burgess did with "Clockwork Orange." Then we would be assured to ascertain even the most subtlest of nuance in your March of Time posts.

But what I said in the Sturm board post still holds true. With all due respect to your grayer head, one needn't engage in NFA commerce to appreciate the minutia of the merchandise, or "moich" to you.

art i thought you would like the yoda guy 800 year's old and all knowing.

recon ord.might have thought it was a remark about him..

clockwork orange..........thats about as good as event horizon. a twisted sister story at it's best...

remember in life if we ever have to explain ourselve's.

all is lost.

now folk's get back to thompson talk............before we go off to some far galaxy jive talk....and bore everyone to the house of 1,000 insanitie's.wink!

who woulda thought??

take care,ron

Picked up some information regarding other Thompson items from this auction.

Also it seem that #114 had a gavel price IF I am reading my information correctly of $37.500 plus 15% buyer premium ($43,125) and less 20% seller premium from the gavel price ($30,000).

As for other items starting with a metal spare parts kit.

A Blued steel box, 6-1/4 inches long and hinged lid. Not a reproduction.

Was for a 1921 or 1928 & included: firing pin and spring, extractor, hammer pin and spring, brass pull-through with bristle brush, steel pull-through, and a nickle plated first style oiler. It was all in Unissued condition and the seller had a copy of the original invoice from dec 28 1979.

Low/high pre-sale estimate was $2000/3000.

It sold for $4000 + 15% buyers fee (17% if paid with CC!)

Other thompson stuff:

Lot 176, Orig AO 50 round drum for 1921 - $2000 + 15% (Serial # 1581)

177 Miniture non-firing model of Thompson M1 - $500 +15%

178A Worchester Press stamping 50 round drum for 1921 or 1928 - $900+

178B Seymour 50 round drum for 1928 - 850+

Lot 62 1928 WH gun (12000/15000) - $10000 + 15%

Lot 63 1928 A22 (22 cal.) WH gun (12000/18000) - sold for $7000 + 15%