30 replies to this topic

#21 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3547 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:53 AM

the class three has had about as much hype as it will get in past five year's...unless it open's up illinois..{ha-ha}

we are at the end of the big round-up.......i also have a list of over twelve people who are now deceased that did big time bizz in the market.and i'm sure some of you can think of a few who longer deal or who are gone also... those players are what stir's a market also.and when we all go..w/o much new blood joining the ranks.things will taper off...

most new people are not into it for the history and classic look's.or some tale or story........but the $$$ and the bottomline of how much they can make on the next trade or deal...and when you have less buyer's like the history buff's.and more like the $$$ what can i make crowd.it soon slow's down........and they find other thing's to jump to.it's happened with luger's s.a.a.colt's,45's,and yes even s&w handgun's.. and it will come around to class three also.

some never see the writing on the wall/

"kilroy was here,and he won!"

have fun with the stuff.just don't put all your hard earned buck's into it.remember it was always supposed to be about history and fun.

take care,ron

#22 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3547 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:29 PM

a boatload of class three stuff still advertised on all the board's..and some of the same old stuff for the past month, why is this stuff not flying off the shelve's??

there is such a great demand for anything full auto right??

anything that goe's rat-a tat...is worth ten time's the semi price right?

anything with a drum should go for $10,000.00 plus........

well really those that wanted something neat bought it already in the last five year's...and now that reality has set in on what they paid,and price's have jumped upward.. that class three next purchase take's a little longer now...........many not in such a rush to spend $30,000.00 on the next thompson.or that uzi that has been advertised for the last two month's..

talked this past week with a few class three buddie's...they both have over twenty mg's to sell..no taker's at all...

they figure thing's have peaked for the time being.

and can you really blame a person for not buying at $20,000.00 or more...then something happen's and they gotta move it out...

yep a lotta rich people out there, and alot more not soooo rich.

i can be safe to say most here probably bought alot from 1987 through 1998.........it's the 2005/2006 buyer's who have to wonder.. is all my stuff on the rise??

the class three bizz a emotional roller coaster since day one.now more like the "wild mouse"

don't ever get caught up in the buy now frenzy....if it's meant to be you will find it. if not then it was not meant to be for you to get it in the first place.

now how do i put this barrel back in the saw m249? DARN!!
wink!! have fun.. will delete it all later.waiting for a phil comment... take care,ron

p.s.and john jr. i did respond to your e-mail you sent me,no cheap belt-fed's i've found lately,however if any turn up i will let you know..something always doe's someplace.

#23 TNKen

TNKen

• Regular Group
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Firearms, machine guns, defensive handgun competition, snow skiing and ski patrol, my children

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:14 AM

How much disposable income is out there? I have an unusual piece that I wonder if I could move if needed. Gun should push $100k, but would you rather have 10 $10k guns as opposed to 1?

I remember passing on one of the Stembridge Saco M-60E3's a few years ago. Had Dan whittled down pretty good. And Thompson's, and sears. Hindsight is great.

Ken

#24 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4605 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:26 AM

I would much rather have 10 as to 1. Plus so many more people could get 10 or 11k for a gun as could 1 person try to get 100k for a gun. And as any smart dealer should know, it is better to make 10 happy as to 1.

#25 John Jr

John Jr

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1956 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:04 PM

Philasteen reported that John Norrell just sold 5 triggerpacks for 10K each in under one hour. The last batch of packs sold for $8500 and it was around 10 months ago I think.

Up up and away.....

#26 TNKen

TNKen

• Regular Group
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Firearms, machine guns, defensive handgun competition, snow skiing and ski patrol, my children

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:17 PM

And to think I passed on the first release of 100 at $3,500

Ken

#27 philasteen

philasteen

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1118 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:41 PM

I confirmed with John Norrell himself, all the packs sold in minutes at $10,000 per.

#28 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3547 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:13 PM

the day i spend $10,000.00 on something i can hang on my neck and gold plate like jewelry i will grow a HORN!

to anybody who has done this game for any reasonable amount of time...really think about it $10,000.00 for a piece of paper and a little metal piece.........absurd..

thats just me but for my hard earned $10,000.00 i will buy something that will shoot,

never bought a sear,and never will.

even passed on a rolex pres.with diamonds once.

i need to spend $20,000.00 to know what time it is??
wink!!

but let's keep those price's high.we don't want riff/raff in the club do we?? take care,ron

#29 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3547 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (TNKen @ Mar 2 2006, 01:17 PM)
And to think I passed on the first release of 100 at $3,500

Ken

yep remember the days danny called $300.00 each or so.i was too busy buying afrikaner kruggerand's winK!

another bust /out..he love's only GOLD! take care,ron

#30 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (Poprivit @ Feb 17 2006, 05:04 PM)
I just managed to sell my 1919A4 w/goodies for $19,500 Yesterday.

Wow, thats too much. I just bought one for under $2K. Oh, wait mine is only a semi-auto. banghead.gif

#31 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3547 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (JimFromFL @ Mar 2 2006, 07:03 PM)
QUOTE (Poprivit @ Feb 17 2006, 05:04 PM)
I just managed to sell my 1919A4 w/goodies for $19,500 Yesterday.

Wow, thats too much. I just bought one for under $2K. Oh, wait mine is only a semi-auto. banghead.gif

nothing wrong with semi-auto just think you did not spend $17,000.00 more, and it still shoot's right?/it can protect the family, and if you had it in hip position to shoot.witha hundred rd belt wrapped around.who would argue with you.the bad guy's with a glock??or a semi mac-10. what is it with the class three pych,that we must all spend big buck's...

is it something about ball size or what....

i'd rather have shrunken freakin prune's and a couple million in the bank...oh! and that semi-1919 to shoot.wink!

the bottom line is great health.......have the best mg collection and have cancer..debbie downer,S.N.L.

take care,ron