Help with an Interesting M1

Hello, I picked up an odd ball M1 the other day in my travels. It is a low serial number (10k) and has a maching upper and lower. The gun is saw cut and only had the lower and upper, no barrel or bolt. It has some differences from my other M1s in that the lower will not accept Thompson mags(groove too small). The upper(sorry not home to take a picture) has three holes tapped for a machine thread in front of the mag area on the bottom. also at the top of the mag area there is a a continuation of the groove into the receiver. What guesses do you guys have on what this is? The lower is exact measure to the other M1 lower I have beside it( my picture is off)

Kind regards,

Brock

post-260628-0-55782800-1549042507_thumb.jpeg

post-260628-0-02964500-1549042522_thumb.jpeg

post-260628-0-66921300-1549042534_thumb.jpeg

post-260628-0-53910000-1549042555_thumb.jpeg

If the trigger frame has the engraving - i.e. FIRE, SAFE, etc. then someone has heavily

modified an original for who knows what reason. But, since the T-slot for the magazine has not been

machined yet (I do not think it was welded up.) I think this is just some guys attempt to make

a trigger frame for who-knows-what reason.

People have been tinkering with Thompsons for over 50-60 years now attempting to do

all sorts of things. Years ago before people starting importing parts sets there were no trigger

frames available and people attempted to make them. Some succeeded and many did not.

Bob

Edited by reconbob