Semi Grease Guns

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mbatvburg

mbatvburg

• Regular Group
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 01:59 PM

Just wanted to share a pic of my semi auto Grease Gun projects. These are built from airsoft housings and have FA denials, blank only non barrels, AR15 trigger groups and semi auto bolt modifications. Just finished parkerizing them.

#2 mbatvburg

mbatvburg

• Regular Group
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:01 PM

Guess the pic didnt load

#3 mbatvburg

mbatvburg

• Regular Group
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:03 PM

Try it again

Attached Files

#4 shadycon

shadycon

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Surviving modern times

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:51 PM

Nice work!!

#5 Blanksguy

Blanksguy

• Regular Group
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:36 PM

Sir,

What airsoft housings are you using for these projects (?)…...and how are they holding up with blank-firing (?).

Could you share a little more inside/parts information/photos as these look interesting.

Last......are you using .45ACP full-length-Blanks, or the 9.3mm blanks made from cut-down 5.56mm brass...…..or the other optional 46mm-Blanks (?).

Regards,

RichardS

US  Army,  RET

#6 mbatvburg

mbatvburg

• Regular Group
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:17 PM

These are made using the Matrix M3a1 airsoft from Evike.com.
The M3a1 was my first build. The M3 came next with some improvements.
Both use original Bolts and guide rods/springs. The bolts are drilled for a firing pin and milled for AR hammer clearance and M3a1 finger cocking slot.
The barrel collars are machined to match the Metric thread pitch of the airsoft housing.
The mag well is larger than original so sheet steel is added inside the fit the mags.
The M3a1 uses thealuminum airsoft ejector housing while the M3 was cut and narrowed to fit an original. (The cocking lever moves but doesnt function)
I machined a custom trigger pack for the M3a1 but went with a drop in AR trigger pack for the M3 build. Both use original triggers linked to the AR trigger via a transfer bar

#7 mbatvburg

mbatvburg

• Regular Group
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:58 PM

Im using Atlantic wall 45 smg blanks. The barrel is chambered for crimped blanks only and has a restricted bore similar to other blank only barrels. I plan to make more collars and 16 barrels for live fire eventually.
Im still working out aperture sizes for reliable cycling. I live in town and re-enactments are still a few months away. The housings are decent and should hold up to blank and live fire. The fire control group area may prove to be a weak point after serious ammo dumping over time. Well see. Ive looked at a Dunrite Armory bfong that uses these same airsoft guns and it was all but rattled apart with ovaled out trigger pins.

#8 mbatvburg

mbatvburg

• Regular Group
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:58 AM

Detail of filled ejection port area

#9 mbatvburg

mbatvburg

• Regular Group
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:00 AM

Detail

Attached Files

#10 mbatvburg

mbatvburg

• Regular Group
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:07 AM

More pics. Modified ejection port hinge for the M3 cover

Attached Files

#11 mbatvburg

mbatvburg

• Regular Group
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:15 AM

I milled out a finger notch in the M3 bolt like the M3a1. It works with the shorter ejection port since the AR trigger resets at a shorter distance. The cocking lever is not functional with trigger clearance and required bolt milling. It does work as a sort of bolt hold open!