1995 Mg Price List.

Jim, make sure you get "old" money to buy them! You go and hand somebody $1000 and the bills are marked with the year 2005 on them, you might have some 'splainin' to do! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/nono.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

There is some surprizes on that list...ppsh41 drums are $30 today,Swedish K parts kits are still the same price..Suomi drums and parts are alot cheaper now...but I would like that Winchester BAR for 3K to round out the collection...HA!...this list just reaffirms my point that 90% of the equity of NFA items is in the Stamp!... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

I think I still have a copy of that one. I called him back then on SN98. He told me that it went for $9,000. Two digit, imagine.

Bob D

you'd never guess who bought it??... i sold it for $8,500.00 some year's later, seem's everybody was on a condition frenzy at the time..and didn't care much for history!! heck kinda like it is right now $$$

take care,ron

Actually, some of those prices were pretty decent for the time. The German guns, the Colt M16's, the NE beltfed, I wish I had seen that list then. Damn. Those were the days where you could actually call on an MG listed in Shotgun News and it could still be available (and sometimes reasonably priced even for the market).

Phil... right! Those prices didn't seem too bad. Now ask yourselves what has changed in the years from '95 to '05 to account for such a change in prices??? There is only one answer...the explosion of the internet! Many more people becoming aware that they could own such weapons, and only a fixed number of such items to go around, so demand has been significantly increased many fold while supply has remained stationary. The "Thompson Greed" we have bantered about so much on this board is really not the issue, it's just the playout of supply and demand economics to a more immediate audience. Still, one longs for the "old days", I know I do, but we can never go back can we, unless the laws are changed and I won't bet the farm on that ever happening http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Mike Hammer

" Thompson Greed"when a person, purchase's a thompson item, for resale in mind only.and decide's to sell that item,and ask's over market price for it. and care's not about the history of that item. and only about the gigantic profit for that item...and no supply and demand enter's the picture...

just go ask somebody lately who paid $35,000.00 plus for a thompson...and found out later,the guy he got it from grabbed it up for $20,000.00 and he gave the guy such a deal...i know that evil supply and demand thing.

never meant to offend..

i just brought some tale's joke's and fun storie's to the board over the past 2 year's/...now back to my egg-nog... it's good stuff. take care,ron

[quote=PhilOhio,Dec 21 2005, 10:21 PM

I'm not the most optimistic guy, when it comes to social/political predictions for this U.S. of ours, but here I make an exception. And I have a pretty good track record on intuition and prediction. I do expect meaninful improvement or reform, from our perspective, within the next decade or less. It is going to be forced on our "leaders".

And I feel a definite, slow swing away from the high point of the leftists' brief historical moment in the sun. Their message didn't make sense, doesn't now, won't in the future, and even the dullest segment of the population is figuring that out. Cross your fingers, and hope it continues. END QUOTE

Phil, please let me have some of that powerful eggnog you must be gulping so I can feel that warm fuzzy feeling too! It's going to take a lot more than a couple of brief filmclips of people enjoing an outing shooting full-auto, to get people stirred up enough to force a change in the politicians attitude regarding guns of any kind let alone class 3 weapons. Other than the recent failure to renew the large capacity mag ban, I see no attitude change by the public, who really don't even know what's in our Bill of Rights, or the people making our laws. The first Federal gun control laws were passed in 1934 and we have only seen increases in more gun control laws ever since. The government, (read politicians) fear the possibility that the American public actually has the right and the power to arm themselves against all enemies, forign and DOMESTIC. As our government has grown and continues to bloat out of control, absorb more of our population, take more money from the working class for it's own use, they have conned the public into thinking with more and more unconstitutional gun laws, that it is GOVERNMENT and only GOVERNMENT that should own and be able to use weapons of any consequence.

Our last, best hope against a total disarmament of the American public is the NRA, we must by all means give them the support they need to carry out the desperate fight for our rights. If the NRA did not exist, all Americans would now be "Servants of the State" instead of "Free Americans". Something to think about.

Mike Hammer