My 2 New M-60's

Nice looking! Hope you got a deal on the pair. Original maremont examples as well it looks like. I'm still looking, and debating between an m60 and an mp5. Thanks for showing.

I would go with the MP5 if you are only going to get one. I love mine and it's a sear gun registered in all 3 calibers.

The one I'm looking at is a sear gun mp5 pdw built by Terry dyer with the s&h sear and the extra burst function. I already have a few ww2 subguns, hence been leaning towards a beltfed. Compared to an original maremont e1, what do you think is the better deal, etc. I know an mp5 would be less maintenance most likely and easier to shoot. Thanks

The one I'm looking at is a sear gun mp5 pdw built by Terry dyer with the s&h sear and the extra burst function. I already have a few ww2 subguns, hence been leaning towards a beltfed. Compared to an original maremont e1, what do you think is the better deal, etc. I know an mp5 would be less maintenance most likely and easier to shoot. Thanks

Find a way to do both if you can. The M60 is almost the pride of my collection and I had to have it. You might feel the same way. The cost to shoot is much higher and the novelty does wear off but (I HAVE IT) lol That is the point. I also think it will appreciate very fast. I have a clear memory of the guns at $10,000 and now they are over $40,000. UNAMMO has all the belted LC you could want. Come to Orlando and you can shoot mine anytime. They actually let me shoot indoors at the local range. I will post a pic of my MP5KN later. I put a suppressor on it and with 158 grain is very quiet. 20 cents a round to shoot vs. 70 cents lol

• 3 weeks later...

Can somebody please confirm that the bolt assembly and op rod are interchangeable on the m60 and the m60e4. I know the later op rod has the 2nd catch but the bolts and op rods appear to be the same otherwise. TY in advance.

yes, bolts and Op Rods will functionally fit and work. Most other parts will too.

TY............I pulled both and they looked the same but wanted to check. The early one even had the later op rod which I was pleased to find.

Eric

For just plain old shooting, I only try to keep barrels and bolts together - I do have the Headspace gauges for the M60, and find "most" barrels and bolts will check out ok. Have to watch used bolts, particularly chipped up ones. Some can be repaired, and the tech manuals show how to do the repairs. OP rod wear is obvious, and some can be repaired. the wear is typically on connection bracket where the bolts ride. One notch or two notch op rods - makes no never mind as far as function if the ammo is good. the second notch acts as a "catch" to prevent a runaway.

• 3 weeks later...
If you want to shoot it a lot go MP5 if you like to stare at a gun and occasionally shoot it go M60. Only use new bolts not old chippy kind not worth it. Buy a nice high tripod heavy duty no MG 43 whatever. Use LC ammo get a nice ammo holder and gun mount. Not nice to shoot gun off bi pod, hard on reciever. Shooting gun with ammo hanging off side is for Rambo not Transferable machine guns. Got questions other than that ask. If you buy an M60 and don't like it I'll trade you my MP5 so feel free to buy. :) if you can get a Maremont check for weld signs. Going through buying process should be enjoyable. Owning the gun is just one more thing to take care of!!! Edited by MR 60