M-60 on Sturm

I would offer $55,000 and hold firm. IMO it's stone retail and hard to find a buyer at $60 grand. It's worth $50 all day long so what's a $5,000 bill when you are in the nose bleed section anyway. Machine guns are on hold for most after the market this week. At least they are for me :)

Eric

Looks like a nice gun for sure. What do you all think is the better deal between the e6 at 59k compared to the e4 at 48k, not taking into account any negotiation. Thanks!

By a mile I like the E4 Same gun less money.

Assuming condition is equal.

• Upvote 1

Makes sense. Just seems too that with the e6 kit and the e1 parts plus the other accessories etc like the predator pack, spare barrels, etc. you might be looking at an extra 5k in parts that comes with the e6, compared with the e4 which is just the gun. Appreciate the response.

I guess it really depends on what accessory items you think are cool as to whether the E6 gun is worth that much more. Operationally, there will be very little difference in the guns. I have had several E4s and they re a big improvement for a hand carried and fired MG, over and E1 or even E3. Really boils down to how much change is in your wallet, and whether the 10k dent is noticeable or not :o I am getting too old and lazy to shoot on the ground, and shoulder firing gets "old" too. After a while..... http://photos.imageevent.com/blinde/workpictures/websize/DSCN0898.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

At 6'3", I can carry an M60 - even an old one. Never wanted to when I was in the navy, as I was young and lazy. As an Officer, I could carry what I wanted so I scored an M177E2. Later, as a Contractor doing training work, I got the M60 because I could clear it ( MILES and blanks - jams) quickly, Operate it and big enough to carry it . Plus no one was really shooting back at me......

The E4 / E6 is a really nice one man package, Shorter, lighter and much handier.

My $0.02 on this.

That is a very nice complete kit with a lot of stuff, but it is a bit high.

Also, if you are comparing the E4 to the E6, don't worry about that. I do like the E6 more than the E4, but neither gun is going to be a factory 4 or 6, so you can always just sell parts and buy other parts to convert the gun. You can get good money for the E4 parts. The complete E6 kit was $7500 if I remember right 1 year ago when I bought it.

Also, what do you plan on using the gun for? If for collecting and resale, then a Saco gun is better to have because it will be worth more but a couple thousand, however if you are like me, and want to not only collect the gun, but also shoot it and enjoy it, I highly recommend a RIA gun since it is not a registered trunnion. The trunnion can wear out from use, loosen after removing and inserting the barrel a lot, wear especially if you convert it to the E1 configuration ever and shoot it from the barrel mounted bipod, and get completely destroyed if you have a kaboom (Which I have seen with an M60). With the RIA, just the channel is registered, and it can be 100% completely repaired no matter what. It's a metal sheet. To me that is much preferred, and you can even save a couple bucks. I overpaid for my gun, and still only have a little over $40,000 into a brand new (completely stripped, refinished, and rebuilt by Desert Ordnance included in this cost) E6 with a warranty. That's hard to beat, and I like knowing that I don't have to worry about my trunnion at all since I swap barrels and even configurations often. Not everyone will agree with me, but as a collector in the civilian world, this is just my experience and preference.

In the end, you'll love it no matter what. GREAT gun to shoot!

• 2 months later...
Michaelkih, good points as I just read your previous post again. Question though, are you saying it's not possible, if you were to say buy an original maremont or Saco gun, to repair and/or refinish a registered trunnion through a reputable shop like desert ordinance, andrewski, black river, etc. I would think that an original spec gun could still be repaired, but maybe not without lowering its value slightly. MG08 might have some good insight as well. Thank you, just wondering as have still been looking at m60s lately. Edited by 83Baron

• 2 weeks later...

What are the weld marks with a slightly different color finish near the charging handle? Is that normal or indicative of something?:

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2760-wts-ria-m60-registered-recevier-form-3-40000/

Robert

What are the weld marks with a slightly different color finish near the charging handle? Is that normal or indicative of something?:

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2760-wts-ria-m60-registered-recevier-form-3-40000/

Robert

Any feedback on this one?