SAR show in PX AZ

Good morning forum,
I am planning on attending the SAR show this Dec in PX. I am wondering if any Thompson collector associations will be at the show. Is anyone from this forum planning on attending, or anyone who has a M1 or an M1A1 Thompson for sale.
Thanks,
Mark

Mark

Will be there. 2 tables hopefully back wall across from Shea i am sure another 4 or 5 normal attendees with Thompsons will be there members here also. A FEW M1 WILL BE THER EXPECT 30 GRAND OR MORE I AM SURE.

there is no bargains in class 3 whatever it sells for.Been like that for awhile. hope you have a good show, If you meet the right people you may learn a lot.RON K.

Thank you Ron. I hope to pick up a few items and examine a few guns. I am cautiously optimistic!

I was lucky enough to spend a weekend at the SAR West Show around 2008. Go to the Class 3 pavilion FIRST. My advice is, if you see something that you need or want, buy it while you have your hands on it, don't wait, it will be gone when you get back......Oh, and cash is king! ENJOY!

I'll be there, one of the best shows in the country in my opinion. My brother lives 7 miles from it so always great to fly in and visit his family and hit the show! Hope to see fellow members there. I'm thinking of wearing my "All Thompson show and Shoot name badge" so guys can see it and say hello. Also get to enjoy some AZ weather for a week.

Thank you Ron. I hope to pick up a few items and examine a few guns. I am cautiously optimistic!

I was lucky enough to spend a weekend at the SAR West Show around 2008. Go to the Class 3 pavilion FIRST. My advice is, if you see something that you need or want, buy it while you have your hands on it, don't wait, it will be gone when you get back......Oh, and cash is king! ENJOY!

^^^^^ This is very good advice!

I go every year.

Lots of good stuff.

Definitely worth going to.

• 2 weeks later...

So far 15 Thompsons packing up heading out. a fun time was had by all i would guess. and met a few new guys. best show deala replica mgc $300 bucks and a York drum slight used. for $300 with new blued key and back latch, did not need it so someone will find it today. next to Ians table the lost weapon guy. everybody travel safe.RON K.

I bought Frank's Smith 76 and MAC books (which he was kind enough to swing by our tables and sign). Only show I have ever seen not one, but six US 1904 pattern leather saddlebags (between two different vendors). Boyt and Spalding makers. I bought the nicest of the six which included the auxiliary straps and fabric liners. My Indian 741 will be happy. Edited by Waffen Und Bier

I did go on Friday, I did not see a lot of Thompson stuff. I did get to meet Mr Iannamico and he was kind enough to sign my copies of his books. He told me he would keep an eye out for a Thompson M1 or an M1A1 for me.

I was able to pick up four nice 20 round magazines, and a box of WWII ball ammo, steel case, still sealed in the original box. My wife and daughter came with me, they were surprised at the huge selection of gun stuff available. Overall a good time, but I am still looking for a few more items.

Mark

Was a good show. Liquidated a number of German pocket pistols from my collection and Colt 21/28 8583 is headed to a new home. Much thanks to Ron K for blessing the Colt for it's new owner. There were three people ready to hand me money for it. Now just the Savage M1 Thompson, but I shoot that one. Time to start figuring out what to take to the show in 2022.

Dave H.

Fun show!

Sold some small stuff.

Bought as new M1A1 recoil spring,

C96 springs.

C96 holster stock.

Lots of ammo.

iYHUnCUl.jpg

Found New Zealand WW2 fighting knife and lots of other good stuff.

Best WW2 fighting knives, (my other passion) were in the SAR building, too.

7CbAMWMl.jpg

Anderson, Delta, Aussie, Italian and a theater modified Case.

Saw for selection of Thompson gear/bits, only tempted by a stack of parked XXX's mags, but I have way too many mags already (heresy).

Saw some MP44 mags, but $800 ain't a deal yet.

*Does anyone know anything about the G model FG42 semi - every time I went to talk to the seller, he wasn't around.

Had a $19,500 price tag was not a Rick Smith reproduction.

I owned a G pattern parts kit that had been reassembled as a semi, and it sold for $45K four years ago.

Really wanted to find out about this one, direct them to me, if anyone knows.

Thx.

Edited by pitfighter

Fun show!

Sold some small stuff.

Bought as new M1A1 recoil spring,

C96 springs.

C96 holster stock.

Lots of ammo.

Found New Zealand WW2 fighting knife and lots of other good stuff.

Best WW2 fighting knives, (my other passion) were in the SAR building, too.

Saw for selection of Thompson gear/bits, only tempted by a stack of parked XXX's mags, but I have way too many mags already (heresy).

Saw some MP44 mags, but $800 ain't a deal yet.

*Does anyone know anything about the G model FG42 semi - every time I went to talk to the seller, he wasn't around.

Had a $19,500 price tag was not a Rick Smith reproduction.

I owned a G pattern parts kit that had been reassembled as a semi, and it sold for $45K four years ago.

Really wanted to find out about this one, direct them to me, if anyone knows.

Thx.

I saw that FG42 semi as well. Looked like a nice piece.

I thought it was Texas breed {AROUND $6,500.00}but maybe it was Estes one of the few if so i can see that asking price. the Mg-34 semi went for 8,000 that one is on its way back to Illinois, Jesse too bad i missed you i had the 2 tables with the f.j.b. flag on the wall. and did well with the i did that gas stickers. sold 600 of them ha ha.Met many i needed to they had to pay me reparations for past failed deals. but a good time was had by all.the 27 semi was really nothing to write home about.

a number of guys looking for Maremont. M-60

when i did that deal in 1978/79 the cost was $1,900.00 each.not 19 g. yes real good times.Well glad everybody made it out alive. And Dave moved out a fine Thompson 28 Navy to a new good home. RON K.

I thought it was Texas breed {AROUND $6,500.00}but maybe it was Estes one of the few if so i can see that asking price. the Mg-34 semi went for 8,000 that one is on its way back to Illinois, Jesse too bad i missed you i had the 2 tables with the f.j.b. flag on the wall. and did well with the i did that gas stickers. sold 600 of them ha ha.Met many i needed to they had to pay me reparations for past failed deals. but a good time was had by all.the 27 semi was really nothing to write home about.

a number of guys looking for Maremont. M-60

when i did that deal in 1978/79 the cost was $1,900.00 each.not 19 g. yes real good times.Well glad everybody made it out alive. And Dave moved out a fine Thompson 28 Navy to a new good home. RON K.

The op rod had "home-made"machining marks and finishing on it, so, they had either scratch built, or heavily modified, the internal parts.

The real FG lends itself to a permanent semi mod quite easily.

My parts kit was missing the bolt and op rod too, coincidentally, but I worked with SSD in Germany to replace with SA only parts.

I would likely have bought the SAR FG (mine is the only thing I regret selling) if I had talked with the owner, so just as well, I'm not a rich man, and I'd have to eat rice and beans for a year, lol.

Sorry to have missed you, too, Ron, would have liked to say hello, but I arrived late Sunday and ran the show at a jog, lol.

Edited by pitfighter

At least you made it and found some things to make it worth while.and yes many guns to look at and check out details on.Not enough time and money.i could go there with a million come back broke/RON K.

Hey Jesse, sorry I missed you there. The semi FG42 was made by Hans Trochmann out of FL. He passed away a couple years ago. A very talented machinist. He was walking it around a local military show shortly before he passed. He did use some parts from a Shoei replica. He also made a semi MP44 in 9mm that's been making the rounds in the Central Florida area. I'll send an IM. Edited by Waffen Und Bier

Hey Jesse, sorry I missed you there. The semi FG42 was made by Hans Trochmann out of FL. He passed away a couple years ago. A very talented machinist. He was walking it around a local military show shortly before he passed. He did use some parts from a Shoei replica. He also made a semi MP44 in 9mm that's been making the rounds in the Central Florida area. I'll send an IM.

Thank you for that information, there is some great work on the FG42 for sure, looked like an original stamping, must have been a talented cat.

But, it will be a tough sell at that price now, with the Rick Smith guns so beautifully made in Texas.

I recall seeing the 9mm MP44's for sale.

I GUESS THE WORDS BELOW I PUT UP A DECADE OR MORE AGO WILL SOON BE FOR ALL CLASS THREE ITEMS SOON.

unless we run out of well to do buyers with super deep pockets. as some of the guns seem to go back and forth now among friends and known dealers.I guess its important to sell soon before you go to enjoy some of the cash..ha ha what a problem..RON K.