Wh M1

I purchased a West Hurley M1 TSMG last March. The seller, a middle man, insisted on a double form 4 transfer from the owner to my dealer, then from my dealer to me. The first transfer took three months; the second, six months to the day. That had to be the second longest 9 month wait that there is! The good news is that the thing appears to have appreciated quite a bit from what I paid for it while I was waiting.

It's a beautiful gun, in new unfired condition, with the serialed box, papers and pamphlets, and accessory (one re-parked GI 30 round mag). It looks just right with a new repro M1 sling that was recently purchased from Hong Kong. A new condition GI M1 bolt from IMA dropped right in, replacing the unmarked M1A1 configured original, as I understand that these can be way out of spec.

It's off to the desert to see how the old girl shoots, and then off to PK to bring the thing to GI spec. There is no pin holding the GI front sight on, and the ejector is mis-indexed, sticking out away from the side of the receiver slightly. All parts appear to be unused USGI, except the mag release and trip, which are of a rough, reddish-hued steel. The feed ramp is very rough, and the rear sight is held in place with pop rivets.

I'll post some pictures here if I can ever figure out how to do it!

Thanks, guys, for all of the information that you passed along on these, especially Bill in VA, who has one of these beasts! Best regards and Happy Holidays!

Congratulations on your new acquisition, you'll be very happy with it. I know I am with mine...I'd eat grass before I sold it. It's too bad you had to go through two transfers and taxes though. Consider gettng your C&R FFL. While it won't do you any good for this last transfer, it may help in the future (especially if you should you buy another C&R NFA) but, if you plan on taking your new TSMG out of state, you won't need to file a 5320.20 since your WH M1 is a C&R.

Bill in VA

Custodian of WH M1 #M187A

Congratulations TSMGguy. Mine came in yesterday. Bummer about the double transfer. I mailed the forms in September, 89 days ago yesterday, so I'm satisfied with the turnaround time, but I was about to get antsy. Nine months, I couldn't remember back that far.

That is great news. Please snap a few images of her before she goes of to Colorado. I'll assist in posting them; just holler...

CONGRATS!!! ALWAYS REMEMBER.... NFA= PATIENCE. MY WH 28 TRANSFER WAS KICKED BACK WHEN JUSTICE DEPT. TOOK OVER LAST YEAR ,THAT COST 3 MONTHS. THEN I SPENT 6 MONTHS TRYING TO GET IT TO RUN,GAVE UP AND SENT IT TO PK! NOW I`M WAITING AGAIN.IT`S A GOOD THING I CAN FONDLE MY 21AC ON THESE COLD WINTER NIGHTS.KEEPEM` SMOKIN` out. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

I have a WHM1 Thompson that was new in the box. I had quite abit of trouble with it, with failure to feed the #1 problem. I sent it off to PK last Feb. & he went through it ( also replaced the mag. catch etc.) It is now more relieable than my S&W pistol is! Sure is fun to shoot now! I also have a IMA-M1 bolt in it to0. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif