Hi Fellas,

I know this could apply to the FA side of the switch but being a SA owner only I decided to put it here.

I don't know if this will be a duplicate topic but I have not searched all of the archives yet to see if there is info in here about these. the way I got turned on to loaders like this was watching an old video of one of the Ta Ta Shows. There was like a 1/2 second flash of one of these in use. I'll bet I watched that stupid clip over 50 times to make sure I got the full concept on how to make one of these. I did say make because I did make the following. Partially due to not being able to find anyone who produces them and partially due to me liking to make my own things if I can. Though marked to take 15 rounds it will actually hold and load 20 at a time.

I'm not sure how much interest there is in these but I know how long mags take to load and anything to make it quicker appeals to me. I can only imagine how many more mags a FA owner could go through on a range day...

That being said if there is interest enough in these I might make some to sell on Gun Broker since I lack the Member status to sell them here. Please tell me what you think.

Thanks

Jon

Here's a YouTube link of it in action:

Now on to the pics:

20150326_175432.jpg20150326_175358.jpg20150326_175445.jpg

20150326_175536.jpg20150326_175550.jpg20150326_175841.jpg

20150827_173502_resized_1.jpg

20150326_175423.jpg

Edited by 06AngusSG
  • Upvote 1

That's pretty cool. I'd be interested in one. Probably only work with Thompson mags and not reising mags right?

Kilroy

I'm not sure. I've never seen a Reising mag. I did design this around Thompson mags.

I don't think it would work with the reising mags because they are double stack into a single feed and in order to get the rounds in you have to push in and slide back, I think the double motion would prevent this from working with those mags. I'd still be interested in one though if you choose to make and sell.

How much are they going to go for?

How much are they going to go for?

I'm not exactly sure how much I'll ask. Honestly I don't have the first clue as to what they're worth to people.

I have decided to make and sell a few but I'm not wanting to cross any lines on the forum here as to "selling" guidelines. So when I have them ready I'll ask Dalbert if I can put the gunbroker link here.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

So, what is the current status of this very cool mag loader? I would definitely be interested in one. It is amazing how ammo hungry these guns are!

Hi,

So, what is the current status of this very cool mag loader? I would definitely be interested in one. It is amazing how ammo hungry these guns are!

The bummer is since it helps you reload so much faster and easier I find I go through more ammo when I take it out....

I've gotten really busy at work and have had no personal time to make anymore at the moment..... Life can get you like that. I DO still plan to make some but it'll have to be when I get a chance.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jon,

I understand about the time thing...not enough hours in the day.

When you get to the point of being able to make these again, please keep me in mind.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...