BM59 Barrels

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kenshi

Kenshi

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:ex-Aerospace Engineer, Journeyman Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic and Machinist, Certified Television Repairman, Gunsmith -- 17 years experience, Blacksmith.

Martial Arts, 27 years experience, Instructor, Pomona College, Claremont Colleges. 5th Degree Black Belt - Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do, 4th Degree Black Belt - Itashikata Funzento Kobushi Ryu Jujutsu (Path of the Wrathful Fist - combat empty hand and weapons styles - Modern and Classical), 4th Degree Black Belt Toyama Battojutsu / Santi Ryu Iaijutsu and Kenjutsu.

High Power Rifle and Handgun. Expert Rifleman M-1/M-14 (USN), M-16 (LADC/USAF), Expert Pistol M1911(USN), M9/M10 (LADC/USAF)

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:03 PM

HI all,

I found a source for BM 59 Barrels and they are willing to do a group buy.  Interest?

Message body

Barrel pricing:

10 - 165

20 - 165

50 - 155

Thank you,

Pam

Bula Forge & Machine

(216)  252-7600

Sent: Monday, February 19, 2018 11:18 PM
To: Pam Weller
Cc: Jeff@buladefense.com
Subject: Fw: BM59 Barrels

Pam,

I am retransmitting this email to you again as you have not yet replied to my previous one sent on Feb 13th 2018.  In addition to my desire to purchase a barrel please provide a quote for 10, 20 and 50 barrels for a possible group buy.

Regards

Michael Spivey

#2 1gewehr

1gewehr

• Regular Group
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Emma Gee, Lewis, Sterling, Chauchat, Marlin Digger

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:12 PM

Did this ever happen?  Are there any spare barrels left?  I find myself in need of a BM59 barrel.  Do I need to settle for SARCO?

#3 elvis3006

elvis3006

• Regular Group
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:WW2 vehicles and ww2 weapons.

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:59 PM

I got two of Bula's BM59 barrels and so far I have some reservations. I do not know what the true size of the BM59 gas port hole is but I can easily fit a 5/64 drill bit in it. And the splines for the fitting of the gas cylinders may be out of spec. The gas cylinders wobble a bit, but I know the cylinders could be worn out. Also after firing 40 rounds there is a lot of carbon build up behind the splines and gas cylinder pictured here. Perhaps people here more knowledgeable can say if this is normal or not. Thank you img_2916.jpg

Edited by elvis3006, 13 February 2019 - 05:01 PM.