Ot: Ebay Phishing

Thought this might perk some ears here. This is a new phish. Now, I am immediately suspicious of any email purporting to come from eBay. Yesterday I got an email question from a member that looked practically identical to email questions I've gotten in the past. In fact, since eBay started this easier ask a question thing, I get worn out by bidders asking questions about my auctions.

Anyway, this one first came in from eBay.uk. A member, g_rawkey, asking if I had sold a wheelchair to him/her (an 87 year old person). To quote,

"Hello, I recently placed a bid on item#5608760134 being a wheelchair for me that i really need do to my age(87 years old) and it seems that i can not find the auction anymore...May i please know if you are the seller of the item above?

Regards, Greta."

Sounded (ph)fishy.

I was surprised to actually find this member on eBay. Then I got the same email again from eBay.us. However, the questions did not show up in My Questions section after a secure login. Curiously, the click-on web link matched the bottom of the browser when the mouse was passed over it (a sure give away is if it doesn't, as you may well know). The only thing missing was "https:", and the links originating country was the dreaded "ro" Romania. Very subtle. Naturally, you click the link, sign in, and BAM! They have your eBay info.

Just thought I'd pass it along. This is the first time I've seen phishing of this nature.

Surfer beware! Might pass it along to any eBay auctioneers...

CG

Chris--

You've got a good eye. The subtleties on that one was amazing!

Chris,

That's a new one, Thanks!

Z