M1 Thompson Hardcase

Hardcase for the M1 M1A1 Thompsons

A few collectors have expressed interest in a custom hardcase for these guns. I'm considering building an Alabama style case to accomodate the M1 type guns with the buttstock attached. The case would have similar hardware to Police case ie. metal corner protectors, draw bolt latches, lock and vinyl or leather outer covering. The interior would be cotton velvet like the police case. Pricing would be about the same as current Police case price of $539.

If there is interest in this type of case let me know.

Thanks,

Greg Fox

The header for this posting looks like a link. It is not - sorry for the confusion.

Greg, how about a FBI/POLICE style where you could slide the lower off and lay it next to the upper and the top close over like that style. Should/could be room on one end or other for 4 XX mags.

Yes exactly. Just a tad wider then the FBI, but the two halfs would lay next to each other like the buttstock lays next to the gun in the FBI. Maybe room for 3-4 xx mags on one end or other.

Mike

It's a good idea. I'll measure the FBI style case and see what needs to be done.

The M1 series Thompsons present a couple of problems for the FBI type case. The actuater knob is on the side and requires a cut-out in the divider. It also requires that the gun be placed in the box with the muzzle at the right end so the actuator cut-out is in the divider and not the outer wall of the box. The rear sights will dig into the bottom of the case in time and will require a block of some kind to keep this from happening.

It could be done.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Greg Fox