Report From Europe

I was in Europe last week. I was shocked to see the variety of Thompson reproduction items, most of which were being passed off as original. Horrible vertical front grips and very nicely made web gear. I saw new slings marked “No-Bucklâ€.

I also saw nice WW2 style slings. I brought some of those back which I’m selling for $35. A big surplus dealer friend of mine got in a shipment of Belgium Army surplus stuff. In it were 1928 Recoil Spring Stripping Tools although he had no idea what they were. These are the tools shown in the British manuals. They are used to hold the recoil spring on the pilot when trying to reassemble the gun. They go into the hole near the front end of the 1928 pilot. I’m offering them for $15.

I also found some Thompson Spare Parts Bags (C59738) in unused new condition I’m selling for $15.

I didn’t bring any of these back back, but excellent condition 1928 TSMGs with finned barrel, plain buttstock and Lyman adjustable rear sight can be bought in deactivated condition by anyone for about $800. Deactivation consists of drilling a hole thru the gripmount, receiver and barrel chamber; inserting a pin and welding the pin to the gripmount. The bolt end is also cut off. A new barrel, gripmount and bolt and a little work results in a working gun with a small hole in the receiver which is completely hidden by the new barrel and bolt.

Doug,

E-mail on the way from me also!!

Murray says you and your wife will be at the SAR show in December.....can't wait to meet you!!!

john http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Where do I get one???