Bought A Thompson

Sam...

If you are sincere and honestly without a clue how to use or load your Thompson...please set it down and find a phone book and look up a good gunshop to help you with your questions...

We are glad you always wanted a 'Tommygun', but the 'real deal' cost what a car costs nowadays...your gun is a semi automatic...and they are not really well assembled and do not work well out of the box.

Take the time to educate yourself about the gun and ask lots of questions before you try anything with live ammo...

Maybe try some blanks first?

Sit down, drink some decaf and don't do anything with live ammo until you know what and how to use the gun.

Please!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whichever the case may be, it's worth the entertainment value alone! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif I'm a mean man, and you want me banned http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif ? Take it easy Sam, and take Normandys' advice.

i think some of you just need to cool your jets i mean i was not trying to create a problem i am sorry if i came off sounding stupid i dont think i am i will take some of your advice at least some of the remarks derecited me in the right place i am going to take a safety course next week but before then i will search this board for all of the right information i will need and i will try to learn everything that i can i thank those who had been help full to me

lancer a friend of mine has a ruger pistol it is a 22 i loaded the clmagazine once and it was a single column it was easy to load i never have fired a real gun in my life i learned how to load my magazine from the ammo by friend dropped off and it was easy i will post results probly in a week maybe next after shooting my tommygun

I think we have given "Sam" enough info to last him a long, long time. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Lets Kill This Thread.

(I think it's a Troll also!!!!) http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

thank you nick i will look up all that safety information i got the feeling my friend didnt want to hang around to shoot my tommygun may be it is becuse he is a fraid of something reallly bad i dont know but i am going to invite him when i do go out for my first time after all it is his ammo and that was nice for him to give it to me dont you think i was reading the last page and it was kindof funny but please dont give me a hard time lets just all be friends have a question and im really coinfused at this pouint i push up on the buttun but the receiver is stuck i have a two pound hammer and i thought about using a block of wood as i have some pine wood and i dont think that would hurt my tommygun and the pine i would set it up in front of the lower part the frame and knock it off but i dont want to mess anything up any ideas or better yet andbody have a link with bigger pitchers that would show me the right way to do it thank you

thank you nick i will look up all that safety information i got the feeling my friend didnt want to hang around to shoot my tommygun may be it is becuse he is a fraid of something reallly bad i dont know

Sam, remember this; guns are like automobiles and electricity. They do not discriminate, play favorites, and show no loyalty! When used incorrectly, it can hurt (or kill) you without hesitation!

The .45ACP round is not firecracker, but a very deadly round; PLEASE give your gun AND the amunition your undivided attention!

I would advise that you get familiar with gun witout the ammo at first; learn to dissasemble it, clean it, and maintain it. Go to the safety courses first, and always wear shooting glasses.

I would make the suggestion that you never try to unjam a round from the chamber by usuing a dowel rod. If the round goes off, your in big trouble. At the very least, you will probably lose a hand! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

Norm

Between all this laughter, I dropped a damn cigarette and burned a hole in my shirt! As Norm pointed out, you should never try to get a stuck bullet out the way in which you did. At least not with the Bolt assembly in place! A very dangerous practice for sure. Your damn lucky that cartridge didn't go bang. I can understand your enthusiasm, something all of us share, but be careful.

Sam, a two pound hammer is way too heavy to use with a pine block. Two pound hammers are used only with Oak blocks. You need a one pound hammer for pine. Or you could always get an oak block instead. That might be cheaper if you don't have a one pound hammer.

hardrede i want to say i want to thank you but i dont feel that i have any problems my life could not be any better i dont think i dont now i am sory lionhearte about you cloths geting burned i think some of this turned out funny but i was just asking some simple qwestions i did not think it would get out of hand but it did i am the kind of person i see good in just about evrybudy but please dont make fun i dont think any one reallly has i cant wait to shoot my tommygun i hope that i dont wet myself at least i am honist i dont want to affend any one hear Edited by Sam

catnipmen thank you i will go out in morning to buy some oak i am also going to buy sume orange spray piant for the muzzle with all this talks about safety i have to agre with all of u on that one but i mite not buy the piant i dont know i guess i am looking to much in to this i dont know i will sleep on it i am geting tired right now i keep every one in formed thank you every one for helping me out but i am still unsure bout the piant as any one pianted there muzzles

First off, you will not require a hammer, nor a block of wood. Once you depress the frame latch the frame will slide, but it won't separate. Here you will need either a screwdriver or a flat piece of something to depress the frame latch again, as it's stuck. At the same time your depressing the latch you will need to pull the frame to the rear. This will separate the two parts. To reassemble, put the frame back onto the receiver, make sure the rails line up on both the receiver and frame and slide the frame on. It will lock into place. Your owners manual will advise on the basic disassembly procedures for your gun. In your situation, painting your compensator orange would be a most excellent idea. Highly recommended!

It is obvious to me, what with my keen investigative skills and all, that this is a hoax perpetrated by....SOMEONE IN THIS ROOM! I don't know whether you all have the ability, bein non moderators and all, to study the IP addresses of posters, but I have..... In the day of non static IP's it is largely circumstantial, but I detect a possible pattern here. I believe Clousea would call it a "cleew". The person responsible for this thread is non other than AAAAAAHHHHHHHHRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH...........................

(Teresa here. I just found Chris with a knife in his back, dead at the keyboard.)

Jeremy Brett could help us now, if he weren't such a mean man.

LIONHART,... Smoking at your age?...tch.tch.tch....( that`s what everyone tells me)...seriously,Sam needs alot of help if he is for real...definitely future headline material... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Teresa here. I just found Chris with a knife in his back, dead at the keyboard

I say that it was Col. Mustard in the Library with the knife........ http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Funny how I feel that if Sam never returns he might just have tapped a stuck bullet with a dowel too hard while looking down the orange painted muzzle.... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Geez.. this thread was way too funny.....Thanks for the stitch in my side... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

i have a few problims and i need some advise i meen i need advise quicke if that is ok ok i had a chance to shoot my tommygun and my ass hurts i hope i can use that words i am saying my but hurt now a lot it threw me down when i pulled the triger i got back up and i brased myself and fired again and my gun is brokin it doesnt shoot like the one in the movies the dealer lied to me should i go back and get a money back or can is this somthing simplle to fix with limeted nowledge an skils never mind i gues i will keep it but my butt stil hurts i only fired off a few rounds in the air becuse i didnt want to waste my pumpkins not yet i will shot my tommygun after hallowseve after i use the pumpkins for that holiday i promis i wont atempant to shoot it againe not until i finish a safety course i am sorry for my speling i tipe realy fast i am geting better i want to order more magazines but some one hear said i need to do some thing with those holes in the rear of the magazine i need to make the round holes olvul i dont under stand right now i am sorry i was up reallly late last nite taking a part my tommygun thank u lionhearte for instcutions they helped me out a lot i am going to store to pick up oronge piant safity first

i just got back i bought oronge krylon piant i sprayied it on the blocky part on the end of barrell but some got driped into barrell an on the woood to i wont wory bout that it look reallly good i think me an my tommygun will make a good taem we are both badass zedaddy it is not punkins it is pumpkins i now i am not reallly good at speling iether