NIW GI 28 bolts for $29.95 -tough to beat that price.

Not sure how long they're on sale

I will bet you my sister that when you UN-NIW them, they are rusted solid or at least covered in rust.

Eric

For some reason Sarco has always had a lot of M1928A1 Thompson bolts. I remember

when i worked there that on certain days I had to do warehouse duty ( I was a gunsmith and

this was not really my job description but they wanted to keep things fair). Working in the

warehouse meant lifting and moving crates to gain access to other crates to be able to get

at the needed parts and then doing it all over again next week to un-cover and access the

parts you buried last week. Part of the routine was that that boss had an encyclopedic memory

and knew where every crate was, and what was in the crates. He also had no concept of the

weight and difficulty of moving the stuff and one of the standard jokes was that he would say

to a guy "there's 250 Thompson bolts in that crate...could you move it over here" which of course

was impossible for one guy. The Thompson bolts got moved so often that the manager

described them as "heavier than mercury".

The bolts were new and in the original wrappers but all these years later you never know

if the wrapper and cosmoline held up or if when unwrapped and cleaned there is rust. This

applies to any 75+ year old part that has been stored in its original wrapper.

Bob

I got one.

Just because.

A piece of history that might as easily have gone ashore on D-Day; still in the original packaging.

Absolutely new blued "S" bolt in GI wrapper and cosmoline. Lots of cosmoline.

The sale price is gone from their site.

Edited by mnshooter

I got one.

Just because.

A piece of history that might as easily have gone ashore on D-Day; still in the original packaging.

You should maybe should consider going out and buying a lottery ticket, although they never go on sale.

I received the bolt today. It was wrapped in paper and cosomoline with no rust. It was blued.

I don't even own a 1928 but have many parts and part kits from decades ago when things were cheap. One day, I'l trade my PK'd WH M1 for history and have enough parts for the weapon for a decade. My descendants will be happy.

I got one.

Just because.

You should maybe should consider going out and buying a lottery ticket, although they never go on sale.

Just cashed in my $20.00 (5 weeks/10 drawings) lottery ticket. $4.00 total winnings.

Much better return investing in Thompsons.