Colt 1921 #569

I was Fortunate to Recently Acquire a 1921 Under 1000 with All the Early Features.

Its Not Mint Mint But Not a Beater. It Has The Correct Internals, Best I Can Tell.

I Honestly Am Not Good On Wood, So I Dont Know How to Tell If the Wood is Correct or Not

FsTdDN.jpg
0RW5Da.jpg
KlhYOA.jpg
z8iZMd.jpg
HfcmPn.jpg
7B58C5.jpg
Xppu7O.jpg
4kRZFx.jpg
aG2QAV.jpg
KjrPr3.jpg
2Lm1t3.jpg
YvnDp0.jpg
fVdYZh.jpg
60Gw9H.jpg
cfLrlY.jpg
lLz6Im.jpg
Jq3mcz.jpg
nxqEUd.jpg

Haris357,

A very nice early Colt's. Thank you for sharing.

NO 569 was originally purchased by the Columbus, Georgia Police Department. This pretty much precludes service in the British military. That said, a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request would show the initial registration with the Internal Revenue Service and when it left the inventory of Columbus PD.

The Columbus PD acquired a number of Colt's over the years. My guess is all the Colt's were registered after the passage of the 1934 National Firearms Act.

Simply removing the barrel will show if the barrel is serial numbered 569. If not, it is most likely a replacement barrel. However, it appears to be an original Colt's barrel. I like the British proof marks! If mine, I would send to PK and have him make the Index lines match. I would also have him install one of his aftermarket barrels with a 21A front sight so I could shoot it without worrying about damaging that Nitro Proof Colt's barrel.

All good stuff!!!

One of the most honest guns posted here in a long time in fit&finish and wood.Leave it as is and not out of you're hands ever.

Many would spend years today looking for that 'RIGHT' one. And the early number makes it all the better, Congrats in 2018 for finding a nice one.and posting it here for those to enjoy.Colt21a Ron

p.s. and the great pictures the way they all should be shown in the natural state

Edited by colt21a

A most beautiful gun, wish it were mine. If I may ask without being to nosey, how much mazuma, (lettuce) did it require to take this Chicago Typewriter home?

MH