Mp43 gunsmith needed.

My 76 year old mp43 has a dead trigger ;

the hammer is stuck cocked back flat, the trigger moves, but the hammer stays back and doesnt fire even if I move the disconnector.

I have an extra mp44 complete lower.

Who can repair an mp43?

Edited by eravelo

There are two oprod activated systems in the lower: the righthand release spur is part of a safety bar that prevents the release of the hammer before the bolt is in battery. The trigger will not function unless this bar is raised which occurs by pushing the spur forward. With the spur forward, the trigger will move back.

The spur on the left is part of a hinged lever that is engaged and disengaged by the selector button. When the hinged bar is moved to the right by pushing the selector to the right for FA, the tail of the bar moves under the auto sear. When the oprod pushes the spur forward, the auto sear is raised and the hammer is released from its FA sear catch.

If you have the lower swung down, to allow the trigger to be pressed and release the hammer, the righthand spur must be moved forward to raise the safety bar. This is easily visible. Push the spur forward and you will see the rear of the bar rise up which allows the trigger to be pulled.

Keep your fingers clear of the hammer if you push the spur and pull the trigger. The hammer should release.

The above describes how the systems work. If there is a broken part or some other malfunction then you will have to diagnose the problem from what is noted above. FWIW

Edited by Black River Militaria CII