M1a1 Question

I folllow the boards as much as tye next guy, but I would appreciate some buying information. I have a 1928Ac Bridgeport and a local dealer has a Savage M1A1. 95% condition, Parkerized, non-matching upper/lower but marked US Property. The price is $14,000. Steal? Fair price? Too high? It comes with no accessories. Thanks.

Just look at Subguns where there are West Hurley M1s for $12,000 to $13,500, so I guess 14 for a real WW2 gun is what the market will bear. I just wish my wife would bear the price. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Fred,

The WW2 TSMGs go fast when advertised. Depending on condition, I don't think that is a bad price at all as long as it is not a REWAT. If it meets your personal criteria, get it. A buddy of mine just sold a DEWAT(not REWAT) for more than that!

Carey

As someone who spent a lot of time looking for one in the past year, this is a decent price. The US property marking seems to be a desireable factor which should be considered in the pricing. Very probably, this price will seem like a steal in a few years.

I saw one at Knob Creek on Dennis Todd's table in similar condition. The price was 17k I was there on Friday.It was there when I left. If you are a military buff (and I assume you are) the REAL DEAL is way cool. There are only so many pieces of history out there....

Im sure if you decide to pass on it someone on this board would like a shot at it.

I would love to have a "real" B A R but Im afraid the cost may be Unaffordable. I can keep hopeing I guess........

my02 2Dogs,,, out