picked up my tm1 one today from the gun shop. wasn't sure what to expect after reading some of the posts on here. but I was pleasantly surprised at what was in the case. I bought a few boxes of the Winchester ammo and headed home. I read over the does and donts and loaded the mag with ten rounds. my mag fit nice and snug ,with no up and down play. I fired the ten rounds without a hitch. loaded the mag with a full 30, fired 5 the 6th failed to feed all the way. I pointed the muzzle to the ground and pulled the bolt back enough for the round to chamber. fired it and 6 more times. same thing. the rest of the rounds ran perfect at rapid fire. loaded 10 more and rapid fire no problems. pulled the mag and heard a small rattle . pulled the plate off the bottom to check and a small pebble fell out. I picked up all my brass, and found all the primer strikes were all the same . not shallow and not deep, just like you want them. im happy with my purchase. not crazy about the length of the barrel, but now that I have it in my possession I can get the blank fire barrel installed and it will be just fine for reenacting and look the part. ive built a lot of smg from parts kits, ppsh41, suomi, and all the models of stens. all are semi auto. the spring pull on my Thompson reminds me of the pull on the stens. they run two springs against the bolt about the same diameter. I can honestly say im very pleased with it. the only thing I don't care for is the fore stock. it definitely does not match the rest of the wood. im going to have to talk to deerslayer about some mods and new wood for the front hand grip. . anyway thanks for listening. peter

Edited by peter kohler

how would I find the build date? ive also bought 10 original mags. im waiting until I purchase the blank firing barrel and then ill send it off for mods to the mag catch and barrel install. im sure I could do the mod I just don't have a clue on how to get the catch out. ive read several posts on here but im a bit confused as they are both different. peter

call the factory with the ser # & they will tell you the date. Removing the catch on mine was just pushing back on the pivot plate pins enough to get clearance on the catch stop then push the catch pin in from the back side while pulling & wiggiling the catch as you work it out. Once it clears the frame swing it clockwise & pull it out. Separate the frame & receiver first as a precaution.

Don't forget to push the pivot plate back into position after it's re assembled.

Edited by vanvock