Tula .45 in a Reising

huggytree

Anyone try Tula?

Im testing different ammo to see if one runs better than others in my Reising

Its not like I can buy 10 different brands to test right now. Ive got 4 types though

I dont plan on shooting Tula regularly. Just want to test w it and Ive got a case to use up

Edited by huggytree

I usually use Winchester 230gr FMJ white box or my identical hand loads . One time I tried a couple of boxes of jacketed semi wadcutter for giggles and laughs . To my surprise it fed and functioned fine and actually ran smoother with that .

Chris

I've run Winchester, Remington, American Eagle, berdan-primed Argentine surplus, Blazer Brass, a little Blazer aluminum (before I knew better), Maxxtech and my handloads through my Reising.

Everything except the Maxxtech garbage worked well. The Argentine ammo was hard primed and needed a Wolff hammer spring to be reliable. The Remington was by far the dirtiest and seemed to run a skosh slower but it ran. The handloads require that I use a Lee Factory Crimp die to be 100% reliable. Blazer Brass has been my factory ammo of choice.

I won't run steel cased ammo in anything I currently own but I did run it in an SKS before I found Geco for a reasonable price

• 4 weeks later...

did ammo testing with (4) types

federal

american eagle

tula

S&B

The tula ran the best by far! on the first round where you have to work the action the Tula fed smooth without any issue, while the S&B often you had to snap the action a second time to get it to feed. Im typically a huge fan of S&B, but in this case it did the poorest of the 4 types.

Id think Tula would damage the extractor and ejector long term?