Smg's - Active Duty Military

I'm asking this question for my son Jake who is on active duty with the US Army. He is interested in purchasing his own TSMG (after shooting Dads) and is interested if there are any active duty guys out there that own SMGs. What are the regulations as far as having the weapon and where can it be stored? He say's personal weapons can be kept with the MP's, but the SMG he's not sure. I'm not clear if the regs allow him to keep it here at home as he is not currently living here. As long as this is his permanent address is this allowed?

All that combat bonus pay is burning a hole in his pocket.

Any help?

C6

First off i would like to thank your son for serving in the armed forces

Your son has several options.

1. If the firearm is going to be transfered to himself at your address he can keep it at your house as long as he has sole access to it (ie under lock and key not to be touched by you)...or he can form a corporation with him as pres, you as vice pres and both of you can have access to it at your home

2. He can register it with MPs and store it in the armory. The armory will accept it with a valid Form 4 or 5 and a 5320.20 autorizing it to be in that state (if outside of the state registered in)

3. He can store it in a safe deposit box or an FFL dealers vault that he has sole access to. The dealer would charge a fee for storage...and better be someone that he can trust

Any more questions please feel free to contact me directly

Bryan

bdenardo@comcast.net