Mp41 and mp40 same mag ?

I seem to recall that all MP-41 marked mags were made by Haenal (the only maker of MP-41s) and bore their logo. Could well be wrong.

FWIW, I've found that the best quality MP-40 mags were made by Steyr. You'll find lots of mags out there, but Steyr made mags are consistently of the best quality, which stayed really good until they made their last MP-40 mags in 1944. They were made of excellent steel and had consistent dimensions. They'll fit any WWII MP-40, where some from other makers can't even be inserted in the mag well. Steyr mags are marked 98E or kur, and WaA815. I posted an extensive photo essay on these mags on this forum but it seems to have disappeared.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/725668752

i just grabbed the last 4 of these...all Steyr 98e marked

picked up a minty one today also for $100 shipped (agreed to $100 on the side)

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/725897596

that makes 16 mags....i guess im done..ive got 1 slab side that comes with the gun...ill maybe grab 2 more of those when they come up for a reasonable price in the future

i agree that ive heard good things about the steyr mags....i own 3 Steyr guns now and have been very happy with their quality

I j bought 6 today with 2 nice mag pouches and a loader for 560. Not really sure why these ever broke $50 since there are literally tons of mags and no new guns? Magazine collecting must be much bigger than I could ever imagine? Got a stack of Vig mags I'll be grinding on pretty quick so as not to use the high dollar ones up.

I j bought 6 today with 2 nice mag pouches and a loader for 560. Not really sure why these ever broke $50 since there are literally tons of mags and no new guns? Magazine collecting must be much bigger than I could ever imagine? Got a stack of Vig mags I'll be grinding on pretty quick so as not to use the high dollar ones up.

Have you used these mags in a 40 before?? How much fitting is needed and are they reliable?? Do you buy them from numrich?? Thx Vinny

It requires a bit more than just filing. I have a bunch of them and I've been told they work fine once fitted, but I haven't actually done it yet so I can't say for sure it will work? I did not get them from Numrich, but at a couple shows.....much cheaper. If they work maybe I'll do a run on the surface grinder and offer them up. I just found another 10 MP40 mags in my PPsh conversion kit......that I've never installed, so the urgency just dropped a bit more?