How To Order New Drums

Numrich at E-Gunparts.com is showing new 50 round drums available on September 14 for $375. Look in the Thompson parts section of the site. I'll wait and see what Kahr prices theirs at before I go with Numrich.

Edit; Just looked at AO Kahr Parts & Accessories list and shows part #T12KT 50 Rd. Drum Mag, POST BAN.....$284

That’s a ridicules price for a new drum without the ban artificially inflating prices. Hold off – if no one pays crazy prices, they will get to

I have an idea.......

How about getting a bunch of us together for a good old-fashioned....

GROUP BUY!!!

Done on other boards all the time.

What clout we'd have....what POWER http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Anyone wonder what our price would be if we (combined) ordered a hundred drums???

Anyone here know anyone at Kahr or Numrich??

john

Pk is right and John has said the magic words. HEck, you can just about buy a drum for $375 right now with folks trying to unload them. Plus, given the high probability the drums will have shall we say sub standard springs they will need tweaking and that cost needs to be factored in-so $250+ is way too high- I can and will wait for a group buy.

Mark

I too would not expect the mag/drum prices to hit rock bottom.

Chances are most people will show a pretty decent decrease in order to make a huge profit during the big rush right after the ban.

I would than expect to see a better price drop to a more realistic price probably 2-3 months afterwards.

(Just me 2 cents) http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Its my impression that the AO drums and the Kahr drums are the same - I was quoted by Moon around $200. at the shot show this year.

Khar already has the drums, just stamps "Law Enfrocement Only or Export Only" on the ones in stock. People who don't shop around will pay more than they are worth to be the first kid on the block with a new 50 rd drum.

Does any one know for sure if the drums that Numrich has were made by Kahr or could they be the ones they used to sell in the Valentine marked boxes? That is, the ones that they used to sell before the ban and before Kahr came along.

Chopper -

I asked Dave that question and he told me that they were "Numrich" produced drums - not Kahr. He also said they did not have any 100 rounders left over. I specifically asked him if they were Valentine press and he said "Numrich produced", so I am thinking yes.

I want to try one of each - AO/Kahr and Numrich.

I cannot wait to hear AF's comments on that.... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Oh yeah- I'm in on the buy too. Probably take 2.

Chris

Edited by DC Chris

Man, Merle is going to be busy! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

I`ll take two,...if the house and the shop are still standing after this weekend... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

I volunteer to make the buy. As soon as distribution is available I’ll post the details.

It sometimes takes just bit longer for the real distributors (who have the best pricing) to get stock. Stay tuned.

I'll take at least 2 (maybe 3) provided we get a decent break on the price. I am also interested in a C drum (1 for sure maybe 2) if the price is right. Hopefully, someone will start making the C drums. I kinda remember a rumor going around about 1 year ago, that Tracie Hill had sent drawings of the original C drum to Numerich or Kahr?? for them to study. I thought the rationale was in case the AW ban ever sunset and someone could actually build a C drum that worked. Does this story sound familiar or was I dreaming???

FYI: My daughter attends a Christian school in Belton, Mo. (I coudn't put her in a public school!!). The third through 12th graders (and their parents) have been invited to attend a rally for President Bush on 7 Sept at a local high school. This is the second time this school has had an invitation to attend on of the President's rallys. I will be there with my "Protect America" - "Protect the Second Amendment" "AW Ban is Bogus" sign. Look for me on the news (better watch Fox, none of the other networks would dare put something like that on the air!!!!

Zell Miller for Sec. of Defense!!!!!!!!!!!! What a speech!!!!!!

Mario

I'm in for one. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

I'll take two also. Would get a C drum also if eventually available.

Forgot to mention in my previous post.

1) As echoed earlier, there are no current plans for Kahr to make 100 round drums. Don't know about Numrich - they might just resell Kahr 50's after they sell out the LEO stock they have now. I too would love to order a few C drums if production was started again. Someone said that Kahr may do it if Bush is re-elected and there is consumer demand. Maybe drop Kahr or Numrich a note in the sales department and let them know you are interested. Hell, the more people that show interest in "C" drums would probably make them consider investing in it. If the manufacturers don't know there is a market they no "C" drums. We wil still be stuck paying the $$$ for the WH C's that are in limited supply and questionable quality.

2) The Numrich drums in stock now are stamped across the front "Law Enforcement/Export Only". If you buy these first, you will get these stampings too. Not sure about Kahr, but I would assume first stock out would be marked as well per law. Any second run probably won't have these markings. Don't know how you all feel about that, but it is a certainty for the stock drums they have now. I got this first hand from an employee at Numrich the other day.

Chris.

Update - They have posted this on the website. See Numrich 50 rounders

$375.00

Edited by DC Chris