• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aut-ord-co

aut-ord-co

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:24 PM

The Thompson Collectors Association (TCA) began in 1990 as a small group of collectors who were interested in meeting other collectors to share information on the history and operation of the Thompson Submachine gun.  Today the TCA has members around the world.  We publish a quarterly newsletter containing articles written by members on topics ranging from gun variations to parts, magazines, accessories, paperwork, photos, displays, museums, markings, movie posters and periodicals featuring Tommy guns.

The TCA is a National Rifle Association (NRA), Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) and National Firearms Act Trade and Collectors Association (NFATCA) affiliated club.

Over the years, the Annual TCA Show & Shoot and business meeting has convened at several venues, but for the past four years, the Annual Show & Shoot has been hosted at the fine facilities of the Tusco Rifle Club in Dennison, OH.  The Annual Show & Shoot allows members to set up displays, trade items, compete in multiple range challenges with their Thompsons and enjoy the company of their fellow collectors.  The Show and Shoot is usually held in the month of September.

For the first time in the Spring of 2016, a Thompson shoot-only was held at the Tusco Rifle Club and because of its popularity, this may also become an annual event.

The TCA has frequently sponsored large Thompson displays at regional gun shows such as, the well known Small Arms Review (SAR) annual East coast machine gun show.

The main emphasis of the TCA has been on collecting, possession, use, and study of the Thompson Submachine Gun, its accessories and related history.

The annual membership dues for the TCA is:   $40.00

Web site:      www.theTCA.net

Email:           Membership@TheTCA.net   (Mike Wank)

Address:      The Thompson Collectors Association

P.O.  Box 66

Hartland, MI  48353

The current Executive Board and Board of Directors of the TCA is as follows:

President                   Bill Troy

Vice President           C.J. Roberts

Treasurer                  Linda Simmons-Menosky

Secretary                   Bill Menosky

Director                     Randy Sneed

Director                      Mike Wank

Director                      John Bosio

Director                      Phil Schreier

Director                      Pat Wheeler

TCA1.jpg

Everyone can shoot at the Annual Show & Shoot and there are always exceptional competitors and surprising winners!

TCA2.jpg

TCA3.jpg

TCA members bring interesting and varied displays to the Show & Shoot from one table to multiple tables. The presentations represent many different areas of the Thompson Submachine gun history.

Edited by aut-ord-co, 28 December 2016 - 03:28 PM.

#2 Got Uzi

Got Uzi

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 823 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:46 AM

The Spring Thompson Shoot will be held the weekend of May 20-21, 2017 at Tusco Rifle Club.  The event was great and I plan to have things go as they did this spring where it was Thompson shooting, side matches for bragging rights, and fellowship then Sunday shoot everything else-yes an open shoot so bring your full auto toys.....belt feds are not only welcome but encouraged.  I would love to see this event continue to grow as well as the TCA Show and Shoot held at Tusco in Sept.  If you have any questions feel free to contact me-

John Bosio

gotuzi@yahoo.com

#3 DGinGA

DGinGA

• Regular Group
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Interests: C & R NFA, subgun competition
    Member Ohio Valley Military Society
    Thompson Collectors Association

Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:47 PM

Tried to log on to the web page, but get a server not found message. Whatever the hell that means. Is the site down for maintenance, or has a PC tech company refused to host a weapons of mass destruction forum?

#4 StrangeRanger

StrangeRanger

• Regular Group
  • 341 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 12:45 PM

Try again.  I just accessed it.

From time to time I've gotten a similar message but it seems to be a random occurrance

#5 DGinGA

DGinGA

• Regular Group
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Interests: C & R NFA, subgun competition
    Member Ohio Valley Military Society
    Thompson Collectors Association

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:54 PM

Solved the problem by adding the site address to my iPad whitelist. Why that worked I’ll never know, but that often cures weird nonaccess issues.