Dan Blocks Woodwork

Thanks mark. The router cut into two fingers last week cut up the backsides or top pretty bad. So far everything still attached. Growing new skin. One bone broken,,, shattered actually. Tendon damage to right ring finger tip. Probably two months out of the shop while I heal.

Dan,

I hate to hear the bad news! I'm in construction, having an accident boils down to a matter of odds. If a person does dangerous tasks

everyday in his career, odds are you will get hurt, most all the old timers have fallen or been cut or broke some bones.

With safety concerns nowadays, I know I can't stop the bumps, bruises and cuts. I focus on not having any deaths. The only way to achieve this

is to make tasks dumb proof with safety measures built in.

Most of us old timers, like professional athletes work hurt everyday. It's just the nature of the business in the real world. I know this post may not

apply, but stuff like this is always on my mind.

Everyone stay healthy & safe,

Darryl

Edited by darrylta

Dan, Best wishes on healing quickly!

MARK2112, instead of starting a new thread for every little question you have, spend 10 seconds using the "search" function. Dan has been building furnature for years and there are pages of testimony here to his work. http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15917&hl=%2Bdeerslayer+%2Bwood&do=findComment&comment=132263 I found this link in less time than it took you to post your question.

motorcar,

still trying to navigate the structure of this forum in particular.I've done the search prior to asking the question and didn't see many photos .I wasn't asking for testimonials about dans work, as Im sure his work is exquisite. And im sure if a thread is 2 years old there may be some updates on the subject matter.

Sorry about your mishap Dan, I am having a serious health issue myself and I know how much it sucks when it effects your work. By the way I really like the vertical fore grips you sent me last year. I would also like to get some more wood from you when your feeling better. I hope you get well soon.

Best Regards

Bob M.

Guest title ii

motorcar,

still trying to navigate the structure of this forum in particular.I've done the search prior to asking the question and didn't see many photos .I wasn't asking for testimonials about dans work, as Im sure his work is exquisite. And im sure if a thread is 2 years old there may be some updates on the subject matter.

You were the last to post on the topic of the thread below and already have seen Dan's work. Let me know if you need any close ups. Here you go...

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15869&page=4&do=findComment&comment=142353

Edited by title ii

Having bought two sets of Thompson furniture from Dan, here are my thoughts.

My first set, I wanted something very fancy for a display Thompson and he delivered with a beautiful claro walnut set.

My second set, I asked for and Dan set me up with a set stained very close to Colt Thompson furniture with some age.

He can create what your passion desires for wood Thompson furniture.