The American Thompson Association at the NRA, 2014

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp227/Colt1928/TATA%20Images/TATALogocopy.jpg

All,

I hope that you will be able to join The American Thompson Association at the NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits, April 25, 26 and 27, 2014 in Indianapolis, IN. The American Thompson Association will be sponsoring an exciting exhibit that will undoubtedly be one of the highlights of the NRA Show. Volunteers from the membership will be needed to assist in the setup and breakdown of the exhibit, as well as provide manpower to greet the public and answer questions about the exhibit over the weekend. The initial setup will begin on the 23rd and 24th of April, 2014. As you are aware, The American Thompson Association is well known for creating visual displays that have won many awards at the NRA Shows over the years. This is primarily due to the hard work by the club founder, Tracie Hill, who puts a lot of time and effort into creating these displays. The membership of the club has also been an integral part of these displays by providing manpower to greet the public and answer any questions about the exhibit during the NRA Show. This years theme is Machine Guns of World War I and promises to be one of the most ambitious displays provided by The American Thompson Association yet. Many rare guns will be displayed from the collection of Robert Segal, Editor of Small Arms Review.

The American Thompson Association has secured a block of rooms at the following hotel near the convention area:

Courtyard by Marriott

4650 Southport Crossing Dr.
Indianapolis,IN
(317) 885-9799

Please contact me on this Board by Private Message if you can volunteer for a day or two or for the entire weekend to assist in setup or to volunteer to man the exhibit during the convention weekend. We need your help to continue the excellent track record The American Thompson Association has been able to establish at the NRA conventions, by providing award winning displays that help promote our hobby to the public. If you can attend the NRA Show please make your reservations early and let me know what days you will be available to volunteer to assist so I can began a list and schedule people.

Thanks for your support of the American Thompson Association and the NRA.

Sincerely,

Chuck Schauer

President

The American Thompson Association

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp227/Colt1928/TATA%20Images/2014NRAINDYcopy.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Chuck;

You can count on Frank & Dixie being there for at least the whole convention.

We wouldn't miss this event.

The best,

Frank

• 2 months later...
Something to note is that this is not open to the public. (I found out the hard way) You must be an NRA member to enter, however you can join at the door if you wish. In the past they had banned a number of products such as suppressors in their show. Not sure if this is still the case, however I am curious? I recall machineguns being banned as well, with the exception of these vintage displays? Any updated info would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not responding sooner. Everything you posted is correct, with the exception of the vintage displays.

Something to note is that this is not open to the public. (I found out the hard way) You must be an NRA member to enter, however you can join at the door if you wish. In the past they had banned a number of products such as suppressors in their show. Not sure if this is still the case, however I am curious? I recall machineguns being banned as well, with the exception of these vintage displays? Any updated info would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Bumping this up one more time for any Thompson Board members in the Indianapolis area. The American Thompson Association members would love to have you stop by and say hello. The display by TATA promises to be an interesting and exciting one.

I plan on being there on Friday and Saturday.

Anyone up for the best Pizza in the state, let me know and I can take you there. Would like to have a good group to go out. It is on the South East side of Indianapolis. Right by my house. If anyone needs any information around Indy, just shoot me off an email and I can help.

I plan on being there on Friday and Saturday.

Anyone up for the best Pizza in the state, let me know and I can take you there. Would like to have a good group to go out. It is on the South East side of Indianapolis. Right by my house. If anyone needs any information around Indy, just shoot me off an email and I can help.

F.A. 45 you are going to have a long drive to Chi-town to get the best pizza. oh wait you said INDY.....never mind Emily Latilla

Well - we might take you up on this Indy pizza gig... Comparing...

Since we are hitting Gino's East and (hopefully) Nick & Vito's in Chi-town this weekend!

I rarely leave the bunker anymore, There is a bounty on me for selling all those Thompsons too cheap.. so now we have customers that want more and I cannot produce them fast enough.. yes a hot Indiana Slice would be nice!!{ wait can I say that on the forum?}anyways you guys have fun.. and yes I do miss the indy shows valpo, south bend, and the rest..

Ron

Big Z, Jets do fly pretty fast these days. I bet you could be here in Indy and at the show before 3-4 pm today.

I still have not opened that bottle of Tommy Gun Vodka.

Those of you not here, sorry that you are missing the comradeship and History Lessons of Robert and his daughter Jen info on his WW I collection and the accoutraments are awesome.

post-218976-0-44449600-1398566068_thumb.jpgpost-218976-0-12853300-1398566138_thumb.jpgpost-218976-0-47861700-1398566178_thumb.jpgpost-218976-0-37584000-1398566349_thumb.jpg

Edited by dalbert

Had a really fun time tonight meeting a great group of machinegunboard members

and their wives over pizza and Thompson talk. It was my pleasure and thanks to all for making me feel welcome. Looking forward to getting together again in the future.

Had a really fun time tonight meeting a great group of machinegunboard members

and their wives over pizza and Thompson talk. It was my pleasure and thanks to all for making me feel welcome. Looking forward to getting together again in the future.

Hntrdarren,

It was great talking with you last night. Thanks to Knobcreeknut for dragging you along. Definitely check out one of the show and shoots this year, you won't regret it and will have a ton of fun - plus we would like to see your guns ;). If we can stop talking about guns long enough we can also talk about hunting. I love hunting but lately with everything else going on I don't get out very much. Usually just enough to decompress, but not see anything exciting.

- Ron