9mm Grease Gun for sale in France

This gun was made to accept Sten mags without the use of an adapter, that makes it so rare

That and the fact it isn't marked with a mfr. name which could have a lot of implications as to it's origin and where it was headed. NIW 9mm like that could bring 70k+ here with some research? Maybe more to right collectors?

One of the rarest MG's I've seen in a long time.

They did make some clean 9mm M3s for OSS drops during WWII. This is not the first time Ive seen these markings. A few years ago, a 9mm marked magwell and trunnion showed up online for sale and I wanted it badly, given my M3 collection, but I didnt want to roll the dice as to trying to import a machine gun part as it still had an intact trunnion. This one was marked as the one above but required the use of the magwell adapter. It is my understanding that GL used the same clam shell flats but marked them 9mm or 45acp. Ill do some digging in my paperwork to see if I can find this in black and white.

I do believe they used mag well adapters in all of the 9mm grease guns. That would be much easier than tooling up the receiver halves for a different size mag well.

I think it's very visible in the galeriedemars website pictures.

The whole gun was made by guide lamp, I don't think that's any secret to most of us here who are into GG. This gun would bring big money to GG collectors, but more to OSS collectors since it is significantly more rare than a DEAR gun which bring a ton of money to collectors. I don't recall seeing one of these in the OSS museums? They are that rare.

Annihilator, thanks for providing the info!!!

Edited by johnsonlmg41