• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 bigbore

bigbore

• Board Benefactor
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:WWI/II MGs

Posted Yesterday, 06:57 PM

The Grevich technique for pillbox reduction: the Stinger man wormed his way as close to the position as possible, usually withing 20 yards, and opened fire on the aperture. The demolitions man moved in under his covering fire and threw his charge in the aperture.

Using that technique, the Stinger is a damn good tool for the job. I set up some steel at 25 yards today and blasted away. From that distance it's like a laser gun. I did two 40rd belts of ball, and 1 16rd belt of AP between 3 targets. After that there was nothing left standing to shoot. windage was perfect, but elevation issues cut the 2x4s. I taped a 5" 3/4 thick piece of mild steel to one post and hit it with 3rds from a burst of AP. I had a standard plate about waist high that the hits strung vertically about 6" but kept all the hits 2" wide! I had one other piece of scrap AR500 that I stuck in the ground as a persons head.

I gave up the search for the proper bipod legs so I cut the one I have apart and put them back together upside down.  Looks good, and will serve the purpose until I come across real ones.
https://www.youtube....h?v=GaQCs2kWrK4

Attached Files

#22 deerslayer

deerslayer

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2054 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:25 PM

Nice video.. How far away are you from Iowa??? I wanna shoot it!

#23 bigbore

bigbore

• Board Benefactor
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:WWI/II MGs

Posted Today, 05:21 AM

Toledo, Area. You're in the most far away part of Iowa...