West Hurley Forsale

Guys

I was in whitestown, Indiana and a man name Marshall has opened a new gun store there and he has a west hurley machine pistol. The bolt pulls back from the top of the weapon.

It like my Thompson but it dos'nt have a rear stock so he called it a pistol and it fell under being sold as a pistol has 4 clips and a drum with case it is forsale the owner is in a wheel chair and wants to sell it he asking 1000.00 i though i would list it so http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif DON'T SHOOT THE MESSINGER................ http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif I beleive the store is called the 2ND Amendment its right downtown and its not much of a downtown.

Joe

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif His shop is closed on Mondays.......... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Joe

The included drum is undoubtedly one of those fire-breathing 10-rounders, and while Kahr thinks the 4 XXX mags are worth $66 each, TAPCO and I don't. As for the case...nada.

More likely the 39 round drum that they came with... Which btw is one of Merle the drum doctors favorite drums.... I'm taking mine up to him this friday to have him rework it... And why is the case nada? The case I got with mine is a really nice case...

So snap it up guys, but $1,000 is not half price, it's a high price in today's new real world environment. My P10.45 is lots easier to conceal. And it functions, without putting another $500 into it.

I still believe it is a more than fair price as there are not that many out there, and it will not be put back into production to make more. I paid that much for mine and would do it again in a heart beat....

To defend my staetment of it being sold at half price.. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

$5,000.00

Here we have a 1927 A5 pistol. This Thompson is classified as a handgun by the BATF as it has a 13" barrel and no provision for a buttstock. Only made for a short time and never again, a real collectors item. How about the gun, a mess o stick mags, and not 1, but 2, pre ban 50rd drum mags, all wrapped up and delivered to your FFL in an FBI case. Email for pictures. Interesting trades considered

$2,499.00

Auto-Ordnance 1927 A5 Pistol/Carbine, 45 acp, 13"bbl, 26" overall. 2 50 rnd drum mags. Gun is new in Box. buyer to pay $50.00 shipping and to pay in 10 days with money order and FFL. 3 day inspection honored

To defend my staetment of it being sold at half price..

I'm really slow so, you say, " it's a high price in today's new real world environment", but then you post prices at more than twice, and five times the asking price.... So what is your point in one line... In your opinion is over priced, or under priced?

I agree with Phil on this one. Nothing I know of is keeping Kahr from putting the 1927A5 pistol back in production again. If a profit can be had, it will be made and sold.

Quick question: Could an individual and/or licensed manufacturer legally acquire a new Kahr semi receiver and have it legally built or manufactured as a pistol with short barrel and no provision for a butt stock? In essence, build your own or have someone build one for you (whatever is the legal way to do it).

TD, one wouldn't be able to manufacture a Pistol using a Rifle Receiver. Though since the passing of the AWB, one could obtain a Semi-Finished SA Richardson Receiver, and complete it as a Pistol. One would need a 13" Barrel if a Vertical Foregrip was to be used. IF Kahr were to introduce these (And I

believe they will) I'm sure the Price will be pretty close, if not less than, there '27A1 Carbines.

IF Kahr were to introduce these (And I

believe they will) I'm sure the Price will be pretty close, if not less than, there '27A1 Carbines.

You may be right AO sold them same price as the carbines, but I think Kahr will be in a profit taking mode myself if they ever crank up the production line again.....

I just hope that when Kahr does put these into production, that an All Steel version will be available...I'm with Phil. I'll need a custom Shoulder Holster. Nothing like walking into the the Piggly Wiggly with a

concealed Tommy Gun

QUOTE (PhilOhio @ Dec 14 2004, 11:54 PM)
QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ Dec 13 2004, 06:45 PM)

I still believe it is a more than fair price as there are not that many out there, and it will not be put back into production to make more.  I paid that much for mine and would do it again in a heart beat....

Z3,

You got some inside information on why Kahr won't ever make it again? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Nope not really, but I think gunmakers will think twice about cranking up for a gun that may get the ban again if things don't continue to improve for the pro-gun lot..... Of course I guess they can crank it up make a bunch, raise the price to the roof and sell it as pre-ban...LOL Maybe ya-all are right I'm just making guesses like same as everyone else....

I'm really slow so, you say, " it's a high price in today's new real world environment", but then you post prices at more than twice, and five times the asking price.... So what is your point in one line... In your opinion is over priced, or under priced?

I never said that.. (" it's a high price in today's new real world environment", ) Philohio did...

Don't mix the two of us up.. we are nothing alike.. *LMAO*

QUOTE (Ron A @ Dec 15 2004, 01:34 AM)
They can always go back to selling Elvis on velvet.

ROTFLMAO http://www.pregnancy.org/phpBB2/images/smiles/121liwlol.gif You're right, and I don't think they can sell the A5's at the airports now anyhow...

Lionhart,

You are right about not being able to make a pistol on a rifle receiver, but that is only if the receiver has ever been used to build a rifle previously. For example, you may purchase a new AR-15 type receiver and build a pistol on it. But if you purchased, for example, a Colt XP-1 AR-15 complete, you may not legally dismantle the gun and use the identical receiver to build a pistol. As you say, you are free to use a Richardson receiver.

Phil, Not really. The Receiver must be entered into the books from the Manufacture as a Pistol Receiver. Even if one were to obtain a stripped '27A1 Receiver from Kahr, it must not state CARBINE and must have been transfered to an FFL as a Pistol Receiver. A lot of folks are finding this out building AK47 and AR15 Style Pistols. Also, the ATFE contacted Joeken last month to confirm that the Receivers must be marked as Pistols and entered into the books as Pistols.

But if you buy it semi-finished, and finish the receiver for your own use, you can never sell the gun. If you buy the finished receiver, you may legally sell the finished firearm later. And I agree whole heartedly with you that a steel receiver would be the only way to go. Kahr could do much for their image by doing this across the board...I'm not sure how many of their current models use aluminum.

IF a person manufactures their own Gun for their own use, that individual is not required as per ATFE Rules to mark the Gun. However, that individual can sell there Creation upon marking the Gun. So yes, if one uses a Richardson Receiver, Marks it, and later decides to sell it, he or she can do so.