Reising M55 Stock on GB

Burns556

99.9999% certain that the stock is a re-pop. It's WAY too clean. No nicks, dents, scratches or stains; it looks like it's never had an action dropped into it. The hardware gives every appearance of being original

Probably off a genuine stock that was damaged beyond repair. I hope the seller didn't trash the original wood. Even in very poor condition it's a valuable war relic and for the $1200 he paid it should have gone to the buyer along with the copy.

It sort of appears to me the entire thing is repro, including the hardware. There are repro folding stocks and the lock piece that I've seen. It wouldn't be much to bend up the bracket as well. That's more than I paid for a parts kit with a stock not that long ago? I'd put that at more like a 3-$400 item?

The re-enforcing stud assembly that goes through the pistol grip might be a little hard to counterfeit, the other metal parts not so much but they appear to have some patina so they could be real

I have a model 55. I got a new made repro stock thinking I would use it. I still have it here somewhere, and it is clearly a repro. that wood in the auction is new- metal maybe. Personally I think the buyer got hosed at that price.

He would have gotten hosed at half that price.

As my Calc 101 prof used to say "It's intuitively obvious to the most casual observer" that the wood was new.

Why can't I find buyers like that? ;)

He would have gotten hosed at half that price.

As my Calc 101 prof used to say "It's intuitively obvious to the most casual observer" that the wood was new.

Why can't I find buyers like that? ;)

Guess I need to find the one here and get it on the auction. Maybe list is as "was told this came off Hitler's personal M55 " ?