Finished my OOW BAR Project

I finished with my Ohio Ordnance BAR project ... We simply have too much work in the shop to go to the next step(s) ... I am happy enough with the stock by Dan Block (deerslayer) and the early sight, and the guides milled off the trigger guard ... Just parkered the rear sight and trigger guard today so I am calling it finished.

Before and after photos

post-260006-0-51506500-1580596094_thumb.jpg

post-260006-0-13678000-1580596133_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Looking good Oldtrooper

Apart from serving through so many conflicts demonstrating it's longevity it is worthy of note that this was the preferred weapon of choice for Clyde Barrow as he preferred it's stopping power over the Thompson.

Appreciate you've finished this project but a bi pod would give it the finishing touch.

Either way it's a beautiful example

Looking good Oldtrooper

Apart from serving through so many conflicts demonstrating it's longevity it is worthy of note that this was the preferred weapon of choice for Clyde Barrow as he preferred it's stopping power over the Thompson.

Appreciate you've finished this project but a bi pod would give it the finishing touch.

Either way it's a beautiful example

I have two BAR bi-pods ... The weight doesn't make using them worth putting them on the rifle (Not to mention the propensity for the legs loosening and dropping down up while folded) ... I just prop it on sandbags ... Thanks.

Wooops , big brain fart here . I should have said it worked fine on mine after I enlarged the three port holes . Sorry about that . I can supply the measurements or you can just measure your old one . You can even get creative to suit your needs . For example you can leave one to make your gun a single shot . You can tune it to work in one setting to function with 180-220 grain bear loads without beating the gun up .

Chris