• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Got Uzi

Got Uzi

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 967 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 06:52 AM

After talking with the club officers with both Tusco and TCA, we have decided at this point that the Sept 19-20 Show and Shoot is still on (barring any more loney tune antics from columbus) being a rural and agricultural county we are sitting well with low numbers.

That being said we will take precautions for the event as far as masking up in the building, eating outside, and so on. Nothing over the top. Going to do the best we can with the situation presented and have a Thompson event this summer.

I will be setting up the match courses this year and Im sure I can throw a few curve balls in that will be both enjoyable and a mild challenge.

5320.20 info-

Tusco Rifle Club
2132 Midvale Mine Road
Dennison Ohio 44621

Lodging-

Hampton Inn
1299 West High Ave
New Philadelphia Ohio 44663

Any other questions, please feel free to reach out. IF anything changes, you will see it here. I want to have at least one Thompson event as its not just about the guns but the people. These events are sort of a family reunion to me and with losing both Knob Creek shoots and TATA, this might be the last chance for 2020 to get together.

#2 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2369 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 06 August 2020 - 09:11 AM

Looking forward to this - hope it stays a GO.

TCA members - Please send in your registrations you will in the next newsletter (coming out soon).

If anyone else wants to go as a guest, please contact (PM) me or Got Uzi so we can get a good idea how many folks to plan fr.

See you then!

#3 mohawk64

mohawk64

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 390 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 10:17 AM

Is this show still on??

#4 Got Uzi

Got Uzi

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 967 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 01:07 PM

Yes yes it is

#5 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2369 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 22 August 2020 - 06:20 AM

Looking like we have several members and guests coming at this point. I hope everyone who wants to go can send in their registration so we can get the cook a good count of people we need for dinner.

This may be the on;y Thompson event this summer. I hope we can still have it - as Got Uzi mentioned, it is still on and planning to be a go!

See you there!

#6 Got Uzi

Got Uzi

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 967 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 12:40 PM

Giving this a bump as its only 2 weeks out. Hard to believe its here already

#7 Got Uzi

Got Uzi

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 967 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:33 AM

Just a few days out. Hope to see everyone and Im sure itll be a good time

#8 Bpinkert

Bpinkert

• Regular Group
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:National Matches - Camp Perry
    TSMG - M1 1942 Savage
    TSMG - 1928

Posted 19 September 2020 - 02:59 PM

Great morning at the TCA!  Amazing Thompson’s and as usual conversations on EVERYTHING Thompson, is a learning experience every time!

#9 TD.

TD.

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 3552 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 08:20 PM

Where else can you find two police hardcases on the same table! And there is a third one at another display.

Attached File  56108AC1-1168-4E82-B504-74B5251E9B1D.jpeg   136.88K   45 downloads

#10 Got Uzi

Got Uzi

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 967 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 05:05 AM

Wanted to thank everyone who came out for the TCA show and shoot. From thesojnds of it, a great time was had by all. See you again next year