Display stand drawings?

Gentlemen,

I am planning on displaying my deactivated M928A1 on top of the fireplace. I got some leftover oak planks after replacing the kitchen countertops which I intend to make a stand out of. Does anybody have drawings or pictures? I seem to remember having seen such stands on this forum.

Balder

Sandman 1957,

Nice looking stands. By the way the Thompsons look pretty darn good to.

Have to ask why is the foregrip on the first Thompson look dull. Could be the picture or in the process of being refinished.

Frank

Frank,

The first thompson in that line up is a dummy reciever on an parts kit. The vertical foregrip was one I bought a long time ago and although spaped nicely, no clue what type of wood or composit it was made of. It came with a very light maple color and I tried sanding and staining it to no acceptable standard.

I normally do not even use that forgrip other than this photo, and that was taken to show off the stands we had just finished. I started them and one of my neighbors finished them for me, as he is serious woodworker with tools and machines I do not have. I particularly like the way he was able to cut out the base for the shoulder stock. I copied this set up from one that was given me in Argentina many years ago. At that time I was too stupid to ask the owner in he had any magazines I could buy. (Ends up he did, several C and L Drums). Anyway, I copied the design because it is self supporting without alot of wood in the way.

I asked my friend to stand by to make more, but he said he wasn't interested in making a production line. However I am sure he would reconsider for a fair price.

Since I have not bought any, not sure what the going prices are, and what this one would cost. My guess is 250 depending on the wood used. But that is a guess only.

Sandman1957

Edited by Sandman1957

Sandman 1957,

I also like the stands. Very nice. If you invite anyone over for a brew I expect it isn't hard to start a discussion with those "conversation pieces" on display. Not to forget the sword or that interesting print either.

Balder,

If you need measurements or other data, I will send some, although I will not be at home till next weekend to take them. The guy that did the cuts n the drum support and the stock rest can also tell you what he used to make those cuts. If you are interested.

Sandman1957.

These stands, and Thompsons are much more fun showing off with your friends over a beer... come to think about no-one has ever asked

"hey, can I come over and look at your mutual fund statements..."

Sandman1957

I think I would pick a different wood than oak.

If you're making a display piece that uses a small quantity of wood, it's not a bad idea to use something with a dramatic grain and color

the stock on the gun is made from American black walnut

You guys are coming up with some excellent stand designs. Sandman way to go, I like the way the stand supports the drum on yours. You get a better view of the gun in my opinion.

Bob M.

I've always liked Bill Menosky's steel stands that he uses in the TCA shows.

I made (8) of them this year,they really turned out nice and detract little from the guns.

-Darryl

IMG_1061.jpg

SAR9.jpg

Edited by darrylta

If I was going to do a wall mount , I think I would get a junk mag and mount it to a block and the block to the wood plank . The gun would then latch to the mag and be kinda " floating " in space . Quick to remove to shoot , clean , or lock up .

Chris

This one works great for multiple guns, but a bit big -

OCM

DSCN0187.JPG

DSCN7023.JPG

• Upvote 1

OCM,

I really like your display. Will it fit in your den or study and do you have the blueprints for your great stand.

Hope you know I'm just kidding.

Frank

Frank-

This is the one I keep in the living room, a bit smaller, the other one is in the downstairs " den " . Drips oil but my wife does not care- She lets me do anything I want.

( this post will destroy in 30 seconds, Mr. Phelps )

Don't do any display stands, but I like the metal ones Darryl has, if I did. Be good for me with other props. All nice tho-

OCM

Front shot 2.jpg