I Saw 10+ Thompsons This Weekend!

I was at the big gun show in Minneapolis, MN and they had the annual display contest. where members would have displays of different guns and such. i ran into a Thompson display. It had like 7 Colt thompsons, from 21a, 21ac, 28, 1927, and then a Savage Commercial 1928, M1, and M1a1. it was pretty cool. i have never seen that many thompsons at once before. they had some literature, books, mags, and a nice looking drum. it was pretty cool.

I had never seen any Colt Thompsons in real life, only pics. it was really cool to see an original 1927.

If you thought that was cool. Join the Thompson Collectors association. Go to the annual show. You'll be sporting blue steel for several days. Not to mention seeing the model 1919's that Tracie has. And the other Thompson oddities.

QUOTE (craig101 @ Feb 22 2004, 02:56 PM)
a dealer at the show had a WWII 1928a1 for 17K and a M1 for 14K. yeah right. this is the same guy who bought 2 M1's from a Vietnam vet for 8k total! then he sold one for like 13k. i think this one for 14k is the other.

the church lady called it SATAN!!!

colt 21a say's "THOMPSON GREED"

wink.....ron

QUOTE (craig101 @ Feb 22 2004, 08:13 PM)
nope wasn't dennis. was a local SOT, like elk grove arms or something. he posted a thompson on Sturm a few weeks back.

Setting price aside, how did the Thompsons look? I've been talking to him about the M1.

Dennis Todd was at the show in Upper Marlboro, MD. yesterday and Saturday. He had several Thompsons there, but I didn't bother to inquire about his prices. I know from experience that he's pretty high. He's the one who offered me $12K for my rewat 1928A1 last November because he could make an immediate profit on it. I turned him down.

I talked to a doctor at the show who had just paid $15k for a 1921 Colt with a 3 digit serial number. I didn't see the gun but he thinks he got a good deal. He's buying automatic weapons as an investment - also owns an Uzi, a Colt AR-16 and a couple of others. It must be nice to have that kind of money.

Pete Dursin