Low Cost 21?

It's supposedly already sold. I am on the waiting list, but I am not holding my breath. It's a 21AC in the 11xxx range that is a former PD gun. It also has a bulged barrel, though the seller is including a new bbl (presumably Colt) with the deal.

If someone on this board is the tentative buyer, let's hear what else you know about it.

The seller also has a was he claims is a Savage 1928A1 that he says has been custom heavily engraved with PTO scenes and has the Marine Corp emblem in the stock. It also supposedly has gold plated comp and trigger. This sounds a lot like the special presentation Thompsons that were sold as collector pieces, but I thought those were all done on WH (or now Kahr) guns. He is asking $13,500 for that one.

Given the low price and the ornate frills on that 28, I would guess it to be a W.H. I've never heard of a Savage being dressed up like that, but someone here will know for sure. In terms of the 21AC, I would sure jump on that price if I had the money. It does sound like a good deal to me, considering the recent prices. Maybe if you're fortunate, the buyer will back out.

IF ya'll have seen this seller around the boards before he should know what the going price for a ship shape or semi ship shape 21AC is worth. Everyone wants to make a steal and I don't brugurge that on anyone-however this seems like it might not be exactly what it seems. I hope the buyer is fortunate- half price is always a beautiful thing to behold- I am not that lucky and would get burned. Good Luck.

Fred has a verbal commitment from a buyer. I'm second on the list if the buyer backs out. Fred, who seems to be a very pleasant older gentleman, has described the gun exactly the same to everyone. Regarding the bulge, he said if you run you finger along the bbl, you can feel it, but it's not so bulged that you can see it. Also a scratch around the pivot plate, otherwise a 95% gun. He has another 21AC bbl, which he believes to be Colt. I'm actually going to drive up and look at the gun. Gun was purchased by the Sheriff's Dept in 1935 and has just mostly sat. Was traded in for credit for Colts, glocks, and future credit. It could be interesting and is certainly worth a day's drive to check it out. Will keep you posted

A police dept in my area has a Colt Navy that has a bulged barrel. They also have a Bridgeport 28 that has a nickle plated trigger, actuator, pivot plate and fire controls. I was told that the gun had a split barrel back in the 70's and was sent back to thompson ( West Hurley ) for repairs. That is when the nickle plating was done. The only Thompson other than the West hurley commemoratives that I have seen with plated parts....

STEN

Just returned from inspecting and completing the purchase of the 1921AC, I'll mail in the paperwork this week. (thought you guys would like it that a board member has it now.)

And yes, I did see and hold the 1928A1 - it's all Savage and it's all WW II and yes, the engraving is supper fine in detail and is indeed something that one of us should own. You will not find another like it, even the 20 round stick is engraved with the name of the first 5 or 6 men that were killed out of his group.

If you have the money, buy it, you will not be sorry.

I took pictures of it and the 21 that I'll try to send to someone that can post then for all to see. (let know if you can help with this?)

Well, I just got back from the 7 hr. one way trip, so I'm going to turn in.

Good night, talk to ya tomorrow.

Jim http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Good Job Tommy smg!

It is good to know someone here got it!

Email Nick - he can assist you with pics. You are a sponsor, so I believe you have a folder to post pictures in!